Renegade 1 pound sample roaster

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
mfortin

#1: Post by mfortin »

Anybody has information to share on that roaster?

N8J

#2: Post by N8J »

I have a bit of information as I have worked with the designer/builder, Boyd Guildner, for the past year. Not with the 1 pound renegade roaster, however, he has helped upgrade my current roaster. We have spoken about his one pound roaster. What I can tell you is he believes in controlling all aspects of the roast and this machine has controls on important elements such as drum speed, airflow, gas control operated through software, dual fans so roasting and cooling at the same time. They also have their own software which comes with the machine. I believe the roaster is $8000-9000.

49th Parallel Roasters in Vancouver use their equipment... I have spoken with the owner of 49th Parallel and he told me he is very happy with the roaster (not sure if they use a 1 pound, however).

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I can forward them on to him!

EtonTsuno

#3: Post by EtonTsuno »

I have never roasted on the 1Lb, but love his 15kg and will be putting in a 60kg at my shop. I know he basically has the same controls and everything on all of his roasters. With that in mind, if you want full control and a roaster that will do anything you want it to do out of the box I would go with it. I dont know of another manufacturer who has a roaster out of the box that can do everything that Boyd's roasters do. =)

If anything, give him a call and talk to him (619) 519 - 4713. Hes great and always around to help you with the machine and can basically answer/help with any machine... roasters... cars... you name it... =)