Quest M3 roast profiles

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Dieter01

#1: Post by Dieter01 »

It's been a while since my last roast and I've lost my roast log due to a computer change. I used to have a halfdecent feel for the machine but now I am suddenly left without much reference (and a failing memory, hehe). I bought some Guatemala Antigua Cafe Pulcal from SM. Anyone got a decent starting point or profile?

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

You have to try pretty hard to screw up most Guatemalan coffees. They usually have something awesome to offer at any roast level.

That being said, you can charge 180-200g at around 425 ET with minimal to no fan for your drying phase, ramping up and maxing both out till you're at the doorstep of 1C, around 375 on your BT, start cutting back or you'll blow thru and past a very important development phase too quickly. Follow your nose and other senses more than anything else. Even stick your nose down towards the back where the exhaust is escaping and make sure you're not picking up any sour vinegar notes. The moment those fade and are replaced with a sweet aroma, you're done. Unless you like them dark.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Dieter01 (original poster)

#3: Post by Dieter01 (original poster) »

Thanks. Also found the Roast and Learn from November. Not necessarily apples and apples but a starting point.

Looking forward to see some smoke again :-)