Phidget 1048 giving me wrong temperatures - solved - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
drgary
Team HB

#11: Post by drgary »

SJM wrote:Hmmm....I think that would be more complicated and not significantly less expensive than buying an isolator.
It could be significantly less expensive. That isolator looks pricey but whatever will fix it, right?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

SJM (original poster)

#12: Post by SJM (original poster) »

Thanks to everyone but SPECIAL THANKS to Steve Green who helped me figure out the problem.

The problem is in these:
http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=3106

The Huky came with thermocouples with mini plugs on them and instead of just going with my original plan and just taking them off, I ordered these which basically just convert the plugs back to bare wires.

Anyway, taking the original plugs off and simply inserting the wires into the Phidget ....works.

Now to return these unnecessary plugs...

Advertisement
drgary
Team HB

#13: Post by drgary »

Now that's way less expensive! :D
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

SJM (original poster)

#14: Post by SJM (original poster) »

Couldn't have done it without the resources of H-B for which I am once again indebted and grateful !!!

Susan

boar_d_laze

#15: Post by boar_d_laze »

SJM wrote:Couldn't have done it without the resources of H-B for which I am once again indebted and grateful !!!
Homage for Ohmage. :lol:

Rich
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

osanco

#16: Post by osanco »

SJM wrote:Thanks to everyone but SPECIAL THANKS to Steve Green who helped me figure out the problem.

The problem is in these:
http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=3106

The Huky came with thermocouples with mini plugs on them and instead of just going with my original plan and just taking them off, I ordered these which basically just convert the plugs back to bare wires.

Anyway, taking the original plugs off and simply inserting the wires into the Phidget ....works.

Now to return these unnecessary plugs...
Aw shucks, Ma'am. If I helped, it was probably mostly a case of "blind squirrel finds acorn." :oops:

Seriously though, thermocouples are comprised of two wires of a specific alloy. I suspect your connectors didn't match those alloys properly. It's the same problem you often encounter trying to daisy chain your PID thermocouple to your Phidget or other logging interface. The wires need to match for it to work.

I was thrilled to hear you got it working. -and thanks for the call.

Steve