Need help wiring replacement motor for Toper roaster!

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
docdvm

#1: Post by docdvm »

Motor on my Toper roaster was noisy so I ordered a new one. Connections look different :cry:
The power going to the connection has 3 wires
1. ground
2. 2 blue wires

in the connection box are 6 terminal labelled V1 V2 U1 U2 W1 W2 and are jumpered W2 to U1, U2 to V1, and V2 to W1 The 2 blue wires from the cord are connected to W1 and U1 and ground, of course

Problem is new part which is also 220 and 50Hz has different connections
6 terminal labelled the same but jumpered differently
W2 to U2
V1 to U1
V2 has nothing connected to it and
W1 has a couple of wires but not jumpered
Also there is a condenser which in the old unit is wired to U2 and W2
In the new part it is wired to U1 , W1

So how do I connect this up without causing a fire?

millcityroasters

#2: Post by millcityroasters »

Doc, the hz is irrelevant. Probably have a dual voltage motor 120/220. Send me pics of both the old and new motors and the connections and we'll figure it out.

Advertisement
docdvm (original poster)

#3: Post by docdvm (original poster) »

Thanks Steve

I emailed you a couple of pics. As you can see the wiring is not the same. basic terminals look identical but there certainly are differences. I should have waited till Monday to install the new motor so now I will either reinstall it or wait for Toper unless someone can help. I can imagine how fortunate people are when they buy a roaster from you. It is a huge benefit to have support from Mill City Roasters. As you know if circumstances were different on a personal level I would have been one of those buyers. In times like this I regret that. Not a high priority in my life but it is a lesson learnt.

Mike