Mini 500 Roaster - Page 5

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Carneiro

#41: Post by Carneiro »

Henry, have you roasted 500g batches in reasonable time?

M.

chang00 (original poster)

#42: Post by chang00 (original poster) »

YouTube video of the Mini 500 in action courtesy of a Danish hobbyist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_oZq_oVWuQ

Whale

#43: Post by Whale »

Thanks Henry.

This roaster is amazingly silent. The motor does not seem to be audible at all and the beans tumbling seems muffled by the drum insulation. Yet the bean cracking is clearly audible.
I comparison my Toper is a diesel tank without a muffler! :shock:
LMWDP #330

Be thankful for the small mercies in life.

Carneiro

#44: Post by Carneiro »

Very nice!

If this little one can really roast 500g without any problem on air flow and quality, it could be a great option for upgrade fever after the Quest M3! :mrgreen:

Márcio.

hankua
Supporter ♡

#45: Post by hankua »

There's a new Mini500 in the House!

Well almost, it's a Yang-Chia 800n same as the Bella Mini500.

germantown rob

#46: Post by germantown rob »

That is the strangest roaster I have ever seen, it looks like a crate and some flex duct hose :D

Congratulations, looking forward to hearing the progress after it is all hooked up.

hankua
Supporter ♡

#47: Post by hankua »

Here's a shot of the Yang 800n, same as the Mini500 Henry has, except it cost more money now.
We need a few more people to get one and have a club. :D

another_jim
Team HB

#48: Post by another_jim »

Sweet. And Taiwan is as humid as Florida, so it'll should all be rust and rot proof. That last part is palm envy; which gets worse as the weather gets colder up here.
Jim Schulman

Carneiro

#49: Post by Carneiro »

I want be a member of the club! :mrgreen:

I'm renovating an apartment, but I'll have a small 2,6 m² room for my roaster, tools etc. I still need to plan the exhaust, the seller of the stove hood I'll buy has a powerful 450 m³/h blower they use at lavatories, maybe that would be an option.

When I buy the Yang 800n or Mini 500, I could use the same 4" tube... :mrgreen: Does this roaster work with natural gas?

Back to reality, nice roaster, tell us more about your experience as soon as you roast some pounds.

Márcio.

hankua
Supporter ♡

#50: Post by hankua »

Hi there marcio!
The vent on the 800n/mini500 is 3" and there are two on the machine, one vertical and the other horizontal. My only concerns using the roaster in an apartment would be 1. Having the main vent connected on the cyclone and 2. Having a window in the room with a fan or some other form of fresh air ventilation.

You can get one built in three weeks, but need to check on the frequency of LCL cargo from Taiwan to Brazil. Air freight is really an option to consider as well, the packing weight and size are on the web page.