Manual input roast data in Artisan, after the roast is finished

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
NorthSeaGlass

#1: Post by NorthSeaGlass »

Guilty of cross-posting. :shock:
Also posted this on the Huky forum, but since this seems to be a larger community I thought I'd give it a go here as well.

I am trying to get to know Artisan and I already found out that I can manually input roast data while roasting, by using the event buttons.

But since I am not yet able to connect my Center to my Mac, I also have a lot of written data that I want to plot into graphs.

Is there a way of manually inputting this data in Artisan, without having to start a "roast" and wait for the cursor to reach the event points?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Nunas »

Hi,

Have you tried the designer function? If your purpose of entering the data is to create profiles of roasts you like, you could use that. I realise this is not quite what you asked for, but depending on your goal in entering all this data perhaps designer is a better tool for your purpose. Once you 'design' and store some profiles, you can then call them up in the background under the roast menu and tweak the roaster knobs so your current roast follows the profile. That's what I do.

Advertisement
NorthSeaGlass (original poster)

#3: Post by NorthSeaGlass (original poster) »

Thank you Nunas, I will try that.
I was just wondering if there's any other way.

weavdaddy

#4: Post by weavdaddy »

*bump*

I am also curious about this.

SJM

#5: Post by SJM »

Marko Luther answered the question here:

http://lists.mokelbu.de/pipermail/artis ... /date.html

CelliniEVO

#6: Post by CelliniEVO replying to SJM »

I followed his directions and copy/pasted his manual setting into a .csv file and imported them into Artisan. Artisan says "Readings imported", but I'm not seeing anything show up on the graph?

Has anyone gotten the manual data entry to show up on Artisan graph?

MaKoMo

#7: Post by MaKoMo »

You can also use the meter "NONE" (menu Config >> Device) and activate the Event button (menu Config >> Events; Config tab; tick "Button"). On clicking the Event button during recording, a popup will allow you to enter ET and BT temperatures per time.

Advertisement
9Sbeans

#8: Post by 9Sbeans »

I've successfully done that before, but it's time consuming and counterproductive.

Artisan can read/write (import/export) data into specific .csv format. You can start with a standard .alog file, and then export it into RoastLogger format, which is a .csv file with header and several columns (Elapsed time, T1, T2, Event Type, etc.).

Use this file as a template. Edit the time/T1/T2 data points as you want and you can import it in the Artisan.

9Sbeans

#9: Post by 9Sbeans »

Wow, Marko is really fast responding and super helpful. :shock: :lol:

CelliniEVO

#10: Post by CelliniEVO »

9Sbeans wrote:I've successfully done that before, but it's time consuming and counterproductive.

Artisan can read/write (import/export) data into specific .csv format. You can start with a standard .alog file, and then export it into RoastLogger format, which is a .csv file with header and several columns (Elapsed time, T1, T2, Event Type, etc.).

Use this file as a template. Edit the time/T1/T2 data points as you want and you can import it in the Artisan.
I don't see a linked template file? I'd love to avoid going thru another faux-roast and entering temps every 30 seconds.

Here's the .csv file I created from Marko's earlier linked post and I'm assuming that it's not properly formatted: