Installing Thermocouple for Artisan

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
toper.peter

#1: Post by toper.peter »

Hi there,

I am new on this site and in roasting as well. After many years working in catering I decided to work with coffee and to become a roaster. Not too long time ago I bought a Toper Cafemino 1kg batch roaster (gas) for myself and started learning roasting. When I bought this roaster the previous owner said that he bought a chip from Switzerland (Yocto-Thermocouple) what mean to read BT an ET temperature. One of my friend recommended to use Artisan for profiles. When I tried to use the Artisan my PC wasn't able to read temperature at all :cry:
I think the problem is I need a program to install on my PC to get the probes work with Artisan. I went to yoctopuce.com to check what program I may need. It is called VirtualHub.
Does anyone know how to install this program? I have a lot to learn of coffee roasting but knowing exact temperature would help a lot to start.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Here's your guy who likely has the answer.

/member/MaKoMo/
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
MaKoMo

#3: Post by MaKoMo »

The Yocto device is not yet supported by Artisan. However, I took a quick look and it seems that it would possible to add support. I will give it a try for the next version of Artisan.

Marko

MaKoMo

#4: Post by MaKoMo »

Support for the Yocto Thermocouple and Yocto PT100 devices is implemented and will be available with the next release of Artisan.

Thanks Peter for suggesting and testing,
Marko

randallcoffee

#5: Post by randallcoffee »

I have just bought a Yocto-thermocouple and a couple of K type thermocouples to use Artisan with my North TJ067 roaster, I saw in the Artisan web that they support Yocto thermocouple and it seemed a cheap, easy and simple solution.

Marko, when you say "the next version" which do you mean? On the artisan web it does include this device already.

Peter,have you managed to set it up? I will comment my experience once I have set it up myself.

Regards,
Barry

MaKoMo

#6: Post by MaKoMo »

randallcoffee wrote:I have just bought a Yocto-thermocouple and a couple of K type thermocouples to use Artisan with my North TJ067 roaster, I saw in the Artisan web that they support Yocto thermocouple and it seemed a cheap, easy and simple solution.

Marko, when you say "the next version" which do you mean? On the artisan web it does include this device already.
"the next version" => "the one that is not yet on the artisan Web page / GoogleDrive"
randallcoffee wrote: Peter,have you managed to set it up? I will comment my experience once I have set it up myself.
As far as I remember, the first beta I have build for Peter with Yocto support worked for him. I can build you one too if you tell me your platform (Windows, Mac or Linux).

randallcoffee

#7: Post by randallcoffee »

Hi Marko,

Oh ok, I didn't think it was just on a beta version as it was on the artisan blog (device section) stated as a device that was compatible and supported.

I am using Windows 7 on both the laptop and the desktop computer I use... not sure yet if I will connect one or another to the roaster but both work on Windows anyhow.

Thanks a lot for your help and I will be awaiting your news.

Advertisement
MaKoMo

#8: Post by MaKoMo »

randallcoffee wrote:Oh ok, I didn't think it was just on a beta version as it was on the artisan blog (device section) stated as a device that was compatible and supported.
I am struggling getting all things in sync and to finalize the next release. Sorry.
randallcoffee wrote:Thanks a lot for your help and I will be awaiting your news.
You have a PM.

blumes

#9: Post by blumes »

Sorry for my bad English...

Artisan 0.9 not use my Yocto Thermocouple
In this video is possible to view the problem.

http://youtu.be/CwLXZCXOcrE

can you help me?

Ciao
Marco

blumes

#10: Post by blumes »

This problem is soved, I'dont run VirtualHub.exe together Artisan.

Ciao