Huky 500 owners - What's your serial number? - Page 7

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
hankua
Supporter ♡

#61: Post by hankua »

Great job Cammie!
Did your bother-in law use drain fittings on the white connections?

note: a number of commercial roasters have put Huky's in service for sample roasters;
following the lead of Home Barista roasting. :wink:

Cammie

#62: Post by Cammie »

I used the white drain fitting...he wasn't too keen about PVC but it did not get too hot during the roast. I found a better fitting today and will be switching that our tonight along with a workable fitting for the top of the cyclone.

Cammie

#63: Post by Cammie »

hankua wrote: note: a number of commercial roasters have put Huky's in service for sample roasters;
following the lead of Home Barista roasting. :wink:
This does not surprise me. This is a nifty little roaster at a very reasonable price. I love the adaptability of this roaster. I can fine tune any way I like and play around with different configurations/roasts. I'm also pleased that the manufacturer is more than willing to help in this respect by fulfilling special requests.

hankua
Supporter ♡

#64: Post by hankua »

Cammie wrote:I used the white drain fitting...he wasn't too keen about PVC but it did not get too hot during the roast. I found a better fitting today and will be switching that our tonight along with a workable fitting for the top of the cyclone.
It'll be interesting to see the new configuration.

SJM

#65: Post by SJM »

#458 just did her first roast and nothing blew up, although as soon as I dropped the beans in I forgot everything I knew and just hung on by my fingernails....

Contrabass_Bry

#66: Post by Contrabass_Bry »

Congratulations, Susan!

Can't say that I'm not jealous of these cool cyclone set-ups!
May have to take my exhaust tube to a shop and have it modified to accommodate this chaff collection option.

Did you purchase yours from the "bay", like Cammie?

Kind regards,

Bryan

SJM

#67: Post by SJM »

Yup. That's the one.
I thought I was going to go with the plastic Oneida one, but it requires a lot of tweaking to be made to work (attaching it to a lid without any air leaks), so I decided to spring for the complete (expensive) one that was going to work right out of the gate.
I've gotten less willing to save money at the expense of time and effort as I have gotten older and have less time and everything seems to take more effort.

edtbjon

#68: Post by edtbjon »

Just a tip on cyclones. The price for the one on *bay is $129. The prices for similar ones in Sweden are in the same range. As I thought that is way too much for some pieces of plastic, I searched a bit more and have ordered one from China where it was some $16 plus about the same in shipping. Just attach it to any bucket and you are there at about 1/4 of the domestic version cost.
There are no patents or such to worry about. The ones on *bay (and in Sweden) are made in China and imported in container amounts (i.e. maybe $5 per unit). Well, final thought is that I rather spend those $90 I saved on the cyclone on good coffee greens. :)

Btw, I will come back next week or so with my serial. My Huky 500 is somewhere in between Taiwan and Sweden at the moment...

kellzey

#69: Post by kellzey »

Unpacking 488 right now.

johnny4lsu

#70: Post by johnny4lsu »

Exciting news! Keep us posted on your progress