Huky 500 Order Review

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
string bean

#1: Post by string bean »

I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a Huky 500 and would like some feedback on my email I typed up for Mr. Li. It is as follows:
I would like to order a Huky 500 from you. The specs and optional add-on's I would like are as follows:

Huky 500 with perforated drum/48rpm motor
Center 301 Thermometer(Dual input
1 extra probe and digital TC installed in where the analog normally is (see picture)
USB cable for pc
Ifrared stove (with Needle valve & Gas Pressure gauge & threaded fittings )
Exhaust hood
Extra drum (solid)
Extra 72rpm motor
Extra tray
Extra fan
Extra funnel
Extra exhaust pipe set that runs parallel to ground like pictured below

Let me know if you have any questions.Also let me know how you would like to receive payment and the total price.
Thank-you!
Austin
I used some pictures I found on here to demonstrate to him what I want, although I'm sure he understands.
I am going to be roasting indoors next to a window and plan to run the exhaust out the window and possibly set up a cyclone in the future. I will be logging my roasts with Artisan on my pc laptop. Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or if I should do anything differently.

edtbjon

#2: Post by edtbjon »

That seems ok. I did just about the same a few days ago and I'm eagery waiting for my machine, somewhere in transit from Taiwan to Sweden.

Advertisement
kellzey

#3: Post by kellzey »

I believe the extended exhaust pipe is now standard, versus the shorter curved one.

johnny4lsu

#4: Post by johnny4lsu »

How much is the extra solid drum?

I may be able to save you some money.. I have a brand new one that I don't need.

string bean (original poster)

#5: Post by string bean (original poster) »

edtbjon wrote:That seems ok. I did just about the same a few days ago and I'm eagery waiting for my machine, somewhere in transit from Taiwan to Sweden.
Awesome! Can't wait to get one too!
kellzey wrote:I believe the extended exhaust pipe is now standard, versus the shorter curved one.
As far as I know you are right, but I want one that you can run parallel to the table and into a cyclone. Maybe you can with the extended pipe, anyone know?
johnny4lsu wrote:How much is the extra solid drum?

I may be able to save you some money.. I have a brand new one that I don't need.
That would be great. Based off of the Huky 500 option list thread on here it costs $98. Huky 500 option list

johnny4lsu

#6: Post by johnny4lsu »

PM Sent

edtbjon

#7: Post by edtbjon »

kellzey wrote:I believe the extended exhaust pipe is now standard, versus the shorter curved one.
The impression I got in communicating with mr. Li was that it doesn't cost any extra, but to make sure I specified it with my order. (I guess he has a few of the older short exhaust pipes on stock...)
I also ordered an extra exhaust pipe (without the second bend) for a coming cyclone project. That extra pipe cost me $70.

Advertisement
string bean (original poster)

#8: Post by string bean (original poster) replying to edtbjon »

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I will mention it in my email.