Greens Alert - Page 43

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
cannonfodder
Team HB

#421: Post by cannonfodder »

MSH wrote:Couple of new offerings from Klatch. I believe the Kenyan was available as of last week and the ES this week...

El Salv Honey Processed ---> http://www.klatchroasting.com/Green_Las ... lk_hon.htm

Kenya Kirimahiga AA ---> http://www.klatchroasting.com/Green_Kir ... kir_aa.htm

I have both on order. Their holiday discount coupon make it to hard to pass up. I enjoyed the last batch of honey processed, best of both processing types.
Dave Stephens

danetrainer

#422: Post by danetrainer »

I ordered 10# of the Las Nubes unroasted...I'm curious Dave if you ordered roasted or greens? I would like to hear what degree Klatch roasts it to...

Advertisement
TomC
Team HB

#423: Post by TomC »

Funny, the Las Nubes really perked my curiosity too. I'll hold off until I hear more peoples' notes on how it cups. A nice high grown Salvadorian with this kind of processing (they're so meticulous) I would expect some pretty incredible sweetness and acidity interwoven in the cup.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

danetrainer

#424: Post by danetrainer »

True, and the cupping notes Klatch has posted on it seem awfully lacking, I guess time will tell, my order says it shipped yesterday. I have a general profile for high grown Centrals I'll use...I typically don't do several profiles of a bean any more as my roaster gobbles up significant amounts, I'll have five 809g batches of this bean. I will make slight adjustments on subsequent roasts if needed.

farmroast (original poster)

#425: Post by farmroast (original poster) »

With all the excited over the Aricha DP. With my 10 lb. order also added 2 lbs of the Deri-Kochowa-Kifle station WP cupped this morning with about 18hrs rest. Wonderful dense silky mouthfeel, thought even sweeter than listed of honey and turbinado, solid presence of fruits and florals, classy finish, impressive Sidama. Seems like it will be a super espresso candidate
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

the_trystero

#426: Post by the_trystero »

I see that the Acatenango Gesha is in at CS and SM. Gotta get my cash together.
"A screaming comes across the sky..." - Thomas Pynchon

danetrainer

#427: Post by danetrainer »

Grounds for Health Auction coffees at the Green Coop, post a request so they can decide to order...
a Washed Yirg Kochere & a Rwanda Cotecaga Bourbon.

Advertisement
aaronotb

#428: Post by aaronotb »

Has anyone ordered the Kenya Kirinyaga Karimikui Peaberry from Sweet Maria's? Any suggestions for an approach to roasting a Kenyan peaberry?

rama

#429: Post by rama replying to aaronotb »

Yes, its wonderful.

I've only roasted it two ways so far, but this was my favorite of the two. (adjust my temps to yours by correlating start of 1C).

aaronotb

#430: Post by aaronotb »

Thanks Rama!