Favorite Personal Roast of the Year?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Boldjava

#1: Post by Boldjava »

Which was yours? Mine was the Yemen Marqaha followed by the Don~a Amelia red honey from Costa Rica. Clearly the 1 and 2 hitters in this years lineup. Just an excellent year on the roaster with a variety of beans.

The Yirge Bereti rated highly as my 3 hitter. I went after it as an occasional cup as I tend to drink wet processed coffees most of the time.
-----
LMWDP #339

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

Mine was the Yemen Marqaha.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

[creative nickname]

#3: Post by [creative nickname] »

My best this year was probably the Elida Natural. But the Marqaha would surely be in the top 3.
LMWDP #435

Ellejaycafe

#4: Post by Ellejaycafe »

I really liked the bariti halo as well. My roaster did a great job with it, and I liked what bodka did with it as well. Seems like the yirgs just killed it all year for me. I really liked the Queen City they had earlier in the year too. Not mind blowing, but a personal favorite of mine as a comfort coffee that I know is always good.
LMWDP #544

SAB

#5: Post by SAB »

Panama Elida natural for me. A little short on Ethiopians for me this year. I do love a good Yemeni, I'm sorry I missed the marqaha.

Bodka Coffee

#6: Post by Bodka Coffee »

The halo bariti is close to the top for me. I didn't get much of the marqaha. Sold almost all of it...

Almico

#7: Post by Almico »

Ethiopia Hambela Natural Single Farm Special Prep.

Bob_M

#8: Post by Bob_M replying to Almico »

. Same here

SAB

#9: Post by SAB »

Almico wrote:Ethiopia Hambela Natural Single Farm Special Prep.
What was your source?

Almico

#10: Post by Almico »

I got a bag from RoyalNY in Jersey. I live about 30 minutes from them.

I've roasted and sold about 100# of it, but I'm keeping the rest for myself. Hopefully it will last till next years crop. I have my name on 4 bags for 2016.

For a natural coffee, I found it to be virtually defect free, even at the lightest of roast levels

It's a wonderful coffee as a SO, but a few grams sprinkled on top of even a pedestrian Colombian can make a cup sing.