Dennis the Menace, an Ambex, a Mac & Water

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Clint Orchuk

#1: Post by Clint Orchuk »

So here's my son Kealoha. He's 18 months old and into everything. He's at the coffee shop a lot and the staff and I spend half of our time trying to distract him so less stuff gets wrecked, eaten, or goobed on. Anyway, we roast on an Ambex and log it on Artisan through a TC4/Arduino. A few days ago he got a hold of a glass of water and chucked it on the Macbook Pro. He's a good kid, just expensive. Not a total loss but the keyboard and mouse are fried. With an external keyboard and mouse we're still able to roast. We ordered a replacement keyboard and trackpad and a new Macbook Pro just in case there is more water damage apparent once I open the case to install the replacement parts.

We plan to keep the new Macbook Pro at the shop and the old one at home. My question regards the new computer. Besides installing Artisan, is there anything we need to install on the new computer? I think I'd read somewhere on the forums that they already have the correct driver and don't need to have the FTDI driver installed? Does anything have to be done with the TC4/Arduino? Is there a Preference folder somewhere on the old Mac that I can transfer on to the new one to preserve my settings in Artisan? TIA for any help!