Data Logging to a Native Mac Environment Running Artisan? (Yes!) - Page 6

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#51: Post by drgary (original poster) »

I changed out the defective data logger and am happy to report that my setup is now working!
seldomseensmith wrote:I'm getting ready to purchase an Amprobe. How long are the thermocouple cords and USB cable that come with the device? Also, what length are the probes?
The data cable is five feet long. The K type thermocouples that come with the unit are about four feet long. They are wires that terminate without insulation, so I don't know how you are defining "probes." The insulation is entirely absent at about the last quarter inch.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

docjoe

#52: Post by docjoe »

drgary wrote:I changed out the defective data logger and am happy to report that my setup is now working!
Glad to hear everything is working out for you! I've been using mine flawlessly for the past month or so. Also, I've been using the stock thermocouples with my Hottop!
Cheers!

Joe

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#53: Post by drgary (original poster) replying to docjoe »

I'll be interested in seeing how you use the TCs with your Hottop as I'll be borrowing one this weekend to try out for awhile. Of course this monitoring can also work on my home-made HG/BM. :roll:
Gary
LMWDP#308

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#54: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Amprobe TMD-56 and Artisan Also Work in the Lion OS

I just upgraded my Mac OS (operating system) to Lion (OS X 10.7.3), launched Artisan, plugged in my data logger and its thermocouples, and it works just fine. Whew ... that's a relief! :mrgreen: Apple forced the upgrade by migrating old Mobile.me users over to their iCloud environment, which doesn't work with the Snow Leopard OS.
Gary
LMWDP#308

HB
Admin

#55: Post by HB »

Split follow-on discussion to Troubleshooting Electrical Noise with Roaster Thermometer at drgary's request.
Dan Kehn