Coffee Roasting Handbook (also eBook)

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
TomC
Team HB

#1: Post by TomC »

Stumbled upon this about 2 hours ago checking out a roasting lab supply company. Curiosity got the best of me and since it was only $19 for the eBook, I pulled the trigger. I don't regret it although it didn't really blow my mind with new information. But it's worth more than $19 to someone starting out in roasting, and covers everything from bean inspection, how certain beans take to roasting, development of general profile concepts, etc. It's not going to blow the lid off any trade secrets or make a master roaster out of someone, but it has many simple guidelines and tips to follow. I didn't check to see how much the actual book cost, the eBook had all the photos from what I could tell.

Worth checking out for most people here though, myself included. It's like a condensing of small nuggets of coffee roasting general theory and concepts put into one large easy to read format. It's not exhaustive by any means. I read thru it in about an hour while watching TV.

Coffee Roasting Handbook
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

rsnidjik

#2: Post by rsnidjik »

Hmm. Is there a way to sample a chapter or at least see the table of contents or index? I'd rather spend $19 on beans, but if the book is really good, I'd be interested.

Thanks.

Jerry43

#3: Post by Jerry43 »

To see the first five pages, click on the paper book ordering option and it has the sample pages.

rsnidjik

#4: Post by rsnidjik replying to Jerry43 »

Thanks. That's helpful. It looks like a pretty good book, but I've read plenty of threads on this forum that are more than 40 pages long.

blueboyz

#5: Post by blueboyz »

worth checking out:

Home Coffee Roaster- by Kenneth Davids

yakster
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by yakster »

Just bought this Coffee Roasting Handbook and Scott Rao's latest eBook.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Italyhound
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Italyhound »

I like both Scott Rao's books a lot.

I will check out his ebook, thanks Chris. Is it anything knew above the espresso book?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by yakster »

I haven't had much of a chance to read either eBook. I tried reading the coffee roasting handbook on my iPhone (4) on the plane, but the screen was just too small and I gave up. I have both of Scott Rao's previous books, I'll take a look and post what I think of the new eBook (maybe on a new thread).
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by yakster »

I agree, Scott Rao's new eBook reads more like the training presentation that he'd give to new Barista, which is handy in it's own right.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272