Christopher Schooley to lead October Roast and Learn Together!

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
TomC
Team HB

#1: Post by TomC »

I'm very happy to announce that Christopher Schooley of Coffee Shrub will be leading our October Roast and Learn Together discussion. Chris is excited about greens that are making their way to our shores around then. Announcements on green selection will be in his hands when the time arrives.

Please help me in welcoming Chris back to HB :!:

( the humor of my signature is not lost on me)
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

bean2friends

#2: Post by bean2friends »

Ah, this should be fun. And I hope this Christopher's participation will encourage others to join in. I don't know if I've improved since I've been doing the roast and learn. I think I have. It's certainly given me a lot to think about.

[creative nickname]

#3: Post by [creative nickname] »

That's great news! I can't wait to find out what awesome new green we will be working with.
LMWDP #435

cimarronEric
Sponsor

#4: Post by cimarronEric »

Exciting news. Thanks for putting this together Tom.
Cimarron Coffee Roasters
www.cimarronroasters.com

SlowRain

#5: Post by SlowRain »

I know very little about the Roast and Learn format, but are there any Coffee Shrub resellers in Taiwan selling the beans Chris will be using?

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#6: Post by TomC (original poster) replying to SlowRain »

A bit too early to know. But the details will be posted here shortly before the thread begins.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Goldensncoffee

#7: Post by Goldensncoffee »

I've read through the RLT threads for the last 4 months or so and really looking forward to participating for the first time. I don't have all the data logging equipment or a real drum roaster yet but hopefully I can still learn something. :D

mfortin

#8: Post by mfortin »

Hello,
I would like to participate for the 1st time at this event.
Regards
Martin

bean2friends

#9: Post by bean2friends »

Goldensncoffee wrote:I don't have all the data logging equipment or a real drum roaster yet but hopefully I can still learn something. :D
Never fear! You don't need anything but the story of how your roast progressed and how it tastes. Do you consider it a success or failure? How would you change it. Tell what the sites, smells, sounds and times were.
We can all relate!
DickC

[creative nickname]

#10: Post by [creative nickname] »

Yeah, definitely don't stay away just because you can't post fancy graphs or a big-money roaster! Some of us are still using home-built equipment, and plenty of folks can't measure profile curves given their current set-up. One of the things these set of threads are so helpful for is getting a feel for how someone else's experience on their gear can be translated into something that will work well on yours.
LMWDP #435