Bella Taiwan Yang Chia 800n and Mr Hankua

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
ed63

#1: Post by ed63 »

After a few roasts and being in touch with Mr Hankua(wonderful member on this site) I was tweaking with the variable speed controller. To my confusion, the speed was 92-93 at the lowest setting. I contacted Hank for advice since he has the most knowledge and contact with the manufacturer. Hank sent a message to the manufacturer and I was given an email to contact Mr Yang directly. Fortunately, some Chinese neighbours moved in only a few weeks ago(coincidence), so I asked them for help with the language. They sent an email to Mr Yang (in Chinese) and voila! The reply came in within 2 days. There is an adjustment screw in the control box and a simple tweak solved the problem. Hank has been an amazing wealth of knowledge and his eagerness to help me resolve this issue, has been a testament to his kind nature! So really, this post is more to say thank you hank and for the kindness of all who give their time to help newcommers like me.
:D I have roasted less than 5 kg since buying the roaster as work has kept me very busy. Today I will be roasting at a lower drum speed (60rpm ) to see what the difference will be in the taste.

chang00

#2: Post by chang00 »

Yes, Hank is a great guy and resource!

Welcome to the 800N/Mini 500 Club! :D

hankua
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by hankua »

Thanks Edgar!
Somebody on HB helped me before and after acquiring my 800n :wink:
And I truly appreciate it!