Behmor Plus panel upgrade versus 40amp SSVR+Pot - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
ira
Team HB

#21: Post by ira »

If you really want full manual, the easiest way might be to:

Remove and insulate the jumper the wires on the right side going to the elements.
Move the jumper connecting the heating elements together from the left side to the right side.
Use your device to supply power separately to the terminals on the left side.

That also make it easy to return to stock as no wires need cutting.

But that means you are also 100% responsible for the temperature control and none of the safeties and temperature limits work any more, well not in any meaningful fashion.

Ira

JojoS (original poster)

#22: Post by JojoS (original poster) »

I think I will keep it the way it is now. Not too comfortable with bypassing the built in safeties. 1# P1 Auto gives me 19 minutes and it is really more than enough for my usual charge weight to finish. What I need to do now is build my own profiles based on time and the potentiometer setting.

On another matter, I am trying to figure out the best way to use an infrared thermometer gun with the Behmor. I use the gun mainly for cooking.

JojoS (original poster)

#23: Post by JojoS (original poster) »

Just to update. I have tried 3 out of the 4 batches and they were all much much better than my previous roasting method without the SSVR mod. I am giving the Yemen Haraazi a few more days to rest before trying it out. The only question I have in mind right now is why I waited so long before doing this mod. :D

yakster
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by yakster »

Congratulations. That Yemen will probably like a longer rest than your other coffee.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

JojoS (original poster)

#25: Post by JojoS (original poster) »

Thanks Chris! I am really enjoying the Yemen Haraazi. I just got back from a short holiday and left it behind on purpose and just took with me the other 3. I will be trying out a melange roast soon with Elida Natural from Monito. I usually just take it right to the edge of 2nd crack but I read that FC+ is the way to go for a great SO espresso with this coffee. I am hoping I can coast slowly to 2nd crack with the heat controller without over roasting it.