Artisan visual scope with 3 inputs

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
cannonfodder
Team HB

#1: Post by cannonfodder »

I have a phidget 1084 quad channel logger on my roaster. I have 3 of the channles hook to thermocouples and get the correct readings in the Phidget interface but how do I get more than 2 channels on my roaster scope. ET and Bt are part of your profile but am adding another channle or two to it and cannot fiture out how to add them to the roaster scope.
Dave Stephens

MaKoMo

#2: Post by MaKoMo »

Menu Config >> Devices, tab "Extra Devcies". Add one extra device to the list by pressing "Add" and select "Phidget 1048_34" as Device type. Configure name, color, LCD and curve visibility to your needs.

Advertisement
cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#3: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Will do, did not add the _34 just the normal one and could not figure out how to change the input to the other TC. That makes sense now. Phidget 1084, inputs 3 and 4. Thought that was some odd version of the Phidget, did not dawn on me it was inputs 3 and 4.

Is there a way to log the ambient temperature TC that is built into the main-board?
Dave Stephens

MaKoMo

#4: Post by MaKoMo replying to cannonfodder »

The ambient temperature of the Phidgets 1048 is linked (in the latest beta version) to the temperature part of the Ambient Conditions property in the Roast Properties dialog. Artisan notes their automatically the ambient temperature recorded by the Phidgets on DROP in case that value was not set manually before.

There is no plan to log this sensor as regular temperature curve. Does not make sense to me.

PS: I assume this answers your very same question on that other thread too.

cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#5: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Kind of. I set up the _34 and configured my vent temperature so I am logging the bean mass, ET and exhaust temp with is top of drum. The 1048_at I took a guess that was ambient temp and added it as well so I am record all 4 data points. I roast in my wood shop so the air temperature can swing from 40F in the winter to nearly 100 in the summer. Ambient air temperature will let me see what difference the high/low temperatures have with the speed of the profiles.
Dave Stephens

MaKoMo

#6: Post by MaKoMo »

Ah right, an extra device "Phidget 1048_AT" is already in.