Artisan statistics question [SOLVED]

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
johnny4lsu

#1: Post by johnny4lsu »

Why does my statistics panel at the top not automatically separate after I make my DE and FC...Am I doing something wrong? Setting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

*My graph looks weird because my probes measure 70 or so degrees lower than most people..so frustrating*

Bodka Coffee

#2: Post by Bodka Coffee »

I can't answer your question, but why do your probes read so low?

johnny4lsu (original poster)

#3: Post by johnny4lsu (original poster) replying to Bodka Coffee »

Man I really don't know...I HAVE to get new ones...This is the style that I have..http://www.omega.com/pptst/XCIB.html XCIB-K-1-5-3 K Type...Grounded Welded Junction

I'm certainly open to help in remedying the problem...They've been like this from the start

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC replying to johnny4lsu »

Have you recently taken them out and checked them with an ice slurry and boiling water to verify this? I agree that they've been reading low, we've already discussed that part. Hopefully you can start scratching off items on the checklist of what could be wrong. It could be something on the software side (which I couldn't help fix if my life depended on it).

And it's entirely a matter of personal preference, but I thought I'd share one point, that font you've chosen is extremely hard to read on these small images here. Especially on longer roasts or when many events are highlighted. Without stepping on your toes, you may want to consider a more standard font. One of your graphs were almost unreadable.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

#5: Post by johnny4lsu (original poster) »

Haha...Well, I had no clue that it's possible to change the font..I just assumed that's what it defaulted to...Gonna check that out now...I'll check out your other suggestions...Thanks

ETA: Font is now correct..Not sure how or when that was changed.

#6: Post by johnny4lsu (original poster) »

Did a factory reset in Artisan and that appears to have fixed the problem. Thanks

rgrosz

#7: Post by rgrosz »

You can also change the axes displayed after the roast finishes: Config / Axes. You should set the minimum at 0:00, and max about 1 minute after the drop.
LMWDP #556
Life is too short to drink bad wine - or bad coffee

#8: Post by johnny4lsu (original poster) »

Thanks... Will do that!

fu11c17y

#9: Post by fu11c17y »

It's most likely not the cause but I would check the thermocouple type setting on your digital meter. I dont know what would give you a approx 63degF offset at FC (usually around 370F for Ethiopia on my Hottop). If it's the wrong thermocouple type setting, the graph would look a bit skewed too.

If that's not it, and if you think the scaling on the Y axis looks ok, that the temp error is just an offset, I wonder if Artisan would let you program a pre-defined offset just so the graph gets shifted up correctly.

#10: Post by johnny4lsu (original poster) »

Very interesting... I use the amprobe and didn't even consider an option to change tC type. Will check when I get home.. Thanks