Artisan graph issues

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
GLW

#1: Post by GLW »

Hi All!

I'm new to the forum and roasting on an IR-12. Despite reading all the documentation that supports Artisan, using the latest version and double-checking setup, I cannot seem to get the program to show the event points (TP, FC, manual-entered events, Drop) to show on the final graph. As well, on the first right, phases (Drying, Maillard, Dev) show no data. The program is recording properly and all events are logged in real time and show in the list of the roasting report but the graph is just the lines and there is no bar at the top breaking down the phases by percentage. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
Marie

max

#2: Post by max »

Does any event show or are you just missing the ones mentioned?
Under do you have the "Annotations" and "Events" checkboxes checked under the tab "Config" in the settings dialog Roast > Events...?

SJM

#3: Post by SJM »

GLW wrote: and there is no bar at the top breaking down the phases by percentage. What am I doing wrong?
The bar will only show up if you have entered both CHARGE and DROP.
You can go back into the profiles and add those manually and the bar will re-appear (as long as you have selected it per the previous post).

GLW (original poster)

#4: Post by GLW (original poster) »

Thanks for your replies! I do have the Config - Events - "Annotations" and "Mark TP" checked. And I always click the Charge, FC-S, FC-E, Drop buttons, verified in that they show up on the graph in real time. As soon as I click stop, the graph becomes lines only, no data points. The Events are listed below the graph. I would like to see the data points and percentage bar on the graph itself.

Marie

aedemirci

#5: Post by aedemirci »

Hi! You should also hit OFF button on top right after you click drop. Only then software generates upper bar.

SAS
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by SAS »

Fixing NOT hitting buttons or errors that happen during the roast.

You can go back to each roast you saved to your hard drive and add or adjust times of events, or change configurations.
You will see the results change on your graph.

Go to ROAST; Properties: add times to the boxes that were missed or correct any early or late presses of buttons you made during the roast.
Having pen and paper with you during the roast is helpful in recording things spontaneously during the roast that you want to fix afterwards.
LMWDP #280
Running on fumes.

GLW (original poster)

#7: Post by GLW (original poster) »

Thanks for the responses everybody! Doing a full reset and seeing if that helps. I appreciate your assistance!

Marie Amanda

AssafL

#8: Post by AssafL »

SAS wrote:Fixing NOT hitting buttons or errors that happen during the roast.

You can go back to each roast you saved to your hard drive and add or adjust times of events, or change configurations.
You will see the results change on your graph.

Go to ROAST; Properties: add times to the boxes that were missed or correct any early or late presses of buttons you made during the roast.
Having pen and paper with you during the roast is helpful in recording things spontaneously during the roast that you want to fix afterwards.
<image>
How did I miss this thread? :)

Very useful and actually works during the roast if you made a mistake during the roast.
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

mj05

#9: Post by mj05 »

I have different problem I decided to live with but maybe it can be easily solved :D
During "Dry", when DeltaBT rises, Artisan stops plotting DeltaBT at 36 (and always "36") and starts again when the line is at 36 again (on the way down). At the same time my LCD stops projecting DE time. When I "save" everything is displayed correctly in the "roaster scope"......
Any help?

SJM

#10: Post by SJM »

Jack, do you have anything at all on the Alarms page?
There have been several recent gremlins located there....even things the owners were sure they had not put there.
So...just take a look to see if maybe there is an order that would explain yours....