Artisan Glitches

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
TerminusCoffee

#1: Post by TerminusCoffee »

This is a new one to me! Had my best roast with this coffee, and now cannot make sense of it because Artisan glitched out when I stopped monitoring.

Any ideas on how to fix it? (Notice the times.)

Also, in the first minute or so of a roast, I always get a sort of double vision of the graph going on. Usually clears up after that. Not a huge issue; definitely not as big of an issue as what you're seeing in the image!

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

David,

Can you provide more information on your computer, your operating system, the device you use to transfer data from your thermocouples to your computer? I ask this because there's still a question left open about Artisan's compatibility with the El Capitan OS on a Mac.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Advertisement
robmatic

#3: Post by robmatic »

TerminusCoffee wrote:This is a new one to me! Had my best roast with this coffee, and now cannot make sense of it because Artisan glitched out when I stopped monitoring.
Also, in the first minute or so of a roast, I always get a sort of double vision of the graph going on. Usually clears up after that. Not a huge issue; definitely not as big of an issue as what you're seeing in the image!
Looks like the "charge" event got recorded at the same time as "drop". Any time during, or after the roast, you can click on a time in the chart and set the charge time, as well as other events. That should have fixed it. You might still be able to do that now.

As for the "double vision", I bet you are running Artisan 0.9.8. I've seen the same thing, and I think it's a bug in 0.9.8. I went back to 0.9.7 and have not seen that problem.

TerminusCoffee (original poster)

#4: Post by TerminusCoffee (original poster) »

drgary wrote:David,

Can you provide more information on your computer, your operating system, the device you use to transfer data from your thermocouples to your computer? I ask this because there's still a question left open about Artisan's compatibility with the El Capitan OS on a Mac.
My bad! I'm used to posting in the Huky Forums! :)

Huky 500 + Phidgets 1048
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 :(

This is the first issue I've had like this. Can it be edited somehow?

FIXED: If you zoom in (or are just really accurate) on the point that you actually charged at, and it fixes the graph! Wheee! :)

#5: Post by TerminusCoffee (original poster) »

robmatic wrote:Looks like the "charge" event got recorded at the same time as "drop". Any time during, or after the roast, you can click on a time in the chart and set the charge time, as well as other events. That should have fixed it. You might still be able to do that now.

As for the "double vision", I bet you are running Artisan 0.9.8. I've seen the same thing, and I think it's a bug in 0.9.8. I went back to 0.9.7 and have not seen that problem.
Exactly! :)

Got a link for .9.7?

Thanks so much. :)

robmatic

#6: Post by robmatic replying to TerminusCoffee »

Pretty much the same place you got 0.9.8 :D

https://code.google.com/p/artisan/wiki/Downloads?tm=2

MaKoMo

#7: Post by MaKoMo »

The double curve drawing was resolved in one if the last 0.9.8 builds. All version are fully compatible with the larest OS X 10.11. This was confirmed a while ago.

Advertisement

#8: Post by TerminusCoffee (original poster) replying to MaKoMo »

Well, apparently not. :(

MaKoMo

#9: Post by MaKoMo replying to TerminusCoffee »

Did you run into problems on OS X10.11?

SAS
Supporter ❤

#10: Post by SAS »

I don't know if anyone has advised you on this, but you must do a factory reset from Artisan after installing or reinstalling the Artisan software.
Save all your settings first so you can reload them afterward then...

Select: Help; Factory Reset.
LMWDP #280
Running on fumes.