Artisan El Capitan Device Config Grayed Out (Solved)

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
drgary
Team HB

#1: Post by drgary »

I am running out of coffee, went to roast this afternoon with limited time, upgraded a while ago to El Capitan since my last roast, and now Artisan 0.9.8 won't see my thermocouples. My Phidget 1048 is plugged in the USB port. When I go to system preferences I think my computer sees the Phidget. In Artisan Config Device is greyed out. !!!!

This is going to be a blind roast using my senses only. But I wonder if anyone knows how to solve this.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

happycat

#2: Post by happycat »

Did you update to latest Phidget driver and reboot your Mac? I think I had to do that.
LMWDP #603

Advertisement
drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#3: Post by drgary (original poster) »

That looks like a good solution.

Here are instructions for downloading and testing the software.

Here's the download page for OSX.

BTW even two out of four roasts cupped well this morning, and this was using old greens. The other two roasts may simply need time to open up.
Gary
LMWDP#308

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary (original poster) »

I haven't tried connecting the Phidget yet, but after installing the new driver and rebooting my MacBook, Artisan now allows me to configure a device and recognizes that Phidget 1048 is assigned. This looks very promising.
Gary
LMWDP#308

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#5: Post by drgary (original poster) »

I tested the fix this morning by hooking up my computer to the Phidget 1048 via the USB port. It now registers temperatures for my thermocouples. Problem solved, thanks to David (aka happycat).
Gary
LMWDP#308