Artisan 0.7 features wishlist

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
tamarian

#1: Post by tamarian »

Thought I'd start a wishlist of features I'd like to see in future Artisan updates, to be compiled with other's wishlist and have it handy for Artisan team when they are ready for another round of updates.

1. Auto-save. Current auto-save requires typing a text into [edit-text] and pressing A, it will auto append date and time to the [edit-text] file name. I'd like it to grab the name from Roast/Properties/Title, if present. I'd like it also to auto-save when pressing "Off".

2. In statistics, I'd like to be able to display ETBTa plus RoR d/m, currently choosing one deselects the other.

3. In Roast/properties/events, I'd like standard events to be included, in addition to custom events.

4. In Fuji control window, RS tab, I'd like to have a save/load option to save/load sets of Ramp/Soak values.

Feel free to add yours, and if there are too many requests/posts, I'll compile them in the first post.

MaKoMo

#2: Post by MaKoMo »

Thanks Wa'il for those suggestions. They all make sense to me. I'll add them to my (already long) list of things for 0.7 and see how far I can implement them.

Best,
Marko
Thought I'd start a wishlist of features I'd like to see in future Artisan updates, to be compiled with other's wishlist and have it handy for Artisan team when they are ready for another round of updates.

1. Auto-save. Current auto-save requires typing a text into [edit-text] and pressing A, it will auto append date and time to the [edit-text] file name. I'd like it to grab the name from Roast/Properties/Title, if present. I'd like it also to auto-save when pressing "Off".

2. In statistics, I'd like to be able to display ETBTa plus RoR d/m, currently choosing one deselects the other.

3. In Roast/properties/events, I'd like standard events to be included, in addition to custom events.

4. In Fuji control window, RS tab, I'd like to have a save/load option to save/load sets of Ramp/Soak values.

Feel free to add yours, and if there are too many requests/posts, I'll compile them in the first post.

endlesscycles

#3: Post by endlesscycles »

Autoevents:

I'd like any big dip in ROR to trigger charge and dump. Sometimes a huge drop in ROR on charge doesn't trigger the autoevent, and sometimes I drop slightly and it registers a dump. Only rarely, but frustrating always.

I'd like yellow and 1st to be auto events for a given set temperature, as they both are both very consistent temperatures and shouldn't require manual input.

HUD: by far the most useful feature, IMO. I'd like it to be a little more prominent and not positioned right where there is often graphing making it hard to read. (put it bottom right instead of bottom left?)

Otherwise, magnificent software. Thank you.
-Marshall Hance
Asheville, NC

tamarian (original poster)

#4: Post by tamarian (original poster) »

tamarian wrote:3. In Roast/properties/events, I'd like standard events to be included, in addition to custom events.
In addition to ET and BT, any temperature plot points from extra devices.

Kabouter

#5: Post by Kabouter »

I'd like to be able to recall and re-enter events, e.g. I press "first crack start" but then 30 sec later I realise that it was a freak pop and would like to reset it to 30 sec later.

On my setup, after some 8 mins or so I get fluctuating delta ET and delta BT (i.e. even negative/positive alternations), not sure if this is a consequence of the implementation and the system getting sluggish when accumulating data, or some specific quirk of my setup.

Otherwise, wonderful piece of software and very happy with it as it is!

kwantfm

#6: Post by kwantfm »

Kabouter wrote:I'd like to be able to recall and re-enter events, e.g. I press "first crack start" but then 30 sec later I realise that it was a freak pop and would like to reset it to 30 sec later.
You can alter event times already... think it's under a menu item called Roast Profile?
LMWDP #602

TomC
Team HB

#7: Post by TomC »

Kabouter wrote:I'd like to be able to recall and re-enter events, e.g. I press "first crack start" but then 30 sec later I realise that it was a freak pop and would like to reset it to 30 sec later.

On my setup, after some 8 mins or so I get fluctuating delta ET and delta BT (i.e. even negative/positive alternations), not sure if this is a consequence of the implementation and the system getting sluggish when accumulating data, or some specific quirk of my setup.

Otherwise, wonderful piece of software and very happy with it as it is!

You can already edit your event notes and times after clicking.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Kabouter

#8: Post by Kabouter »

kwantfm wrote:You can alter event times already... think it's under a menu item called Roast Profile?
TomC wrote:You can already edit your event notes and times after clicking.
Oops my bad, hadn't discovered that option; I guess I have my homework cut out for me tonight :D

tamarian (original poster)

#9: Post by tamarian (original poster) »

Starting 0.6, you can now edit events directly from the main roast chart. Hover above BT curve and press right button to re-locate events on the curve,

endlesscycles

#10: Post by endlesscycles replying to tamarian »

Wow. That's handy.
-Marshall Hance
Asheville, NC