Any good databases out there for Artisan users?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
BarryR

#1: Post by BarryR »

I recently did the TC4C mod on my Hottop and use Artisan.
Before this, I recorded temps manually in roastmaster (iPad) and before that used RoasterThing when I had a Behmor.
While Artisan is great, I miss having the relational database that these other 2 apps have. I'm actually still using Roastmaster for inventory, labels and tasting notes.

What, if anything, works well to inventory beans, keep track of roasts and, ideally, print labels, for those who use Artisan (or RoastLogger as the answer would probably be the same).

JavaMD
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by JavaMD »

I used a program called "roasterthing" with my temp probed Gene Café before I switched to a Santoker Revolution 500.
I really liked the program http://www.roasterthing.com/

It would keep track of your beans and automatically deduct the roast from the inventory.
It even had a "short cut" to Sweet Maria's where it would populate the fields of name, country, varietal, comments, etc directly from the SM website if you entered the SM purchase code for the coffee. I too miss that function. Nice to know when your beans arrived so you can get them roasted before they start to stale if you have a diverse green bean inventory.

Might work for you ... not as robust as Artisan in terms of roasting however.
Steve

BarryR (original poster)

#3: Post by BarryR (original poster) »

Thanks.
As my post mentions ; ) I used to use RoasterThing with my Behmor.
I may do exactly that again, but thought it would be great if something interfaced with Artisan, or something like that.

JavaMD
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by JavaMD »

Sorry .. missed that ...
adding a database would really complete Artisan.

Steve

dogjamboree

#5: Post by dogjamboree »

Not sure if you guys noticed a thread a while back where I asked Marko about this very thing. He mentioned that he created a robust librarian for Artisan but it sounds like it may never see the light of day (for us at least). See the thread below. Maybe if enough of us pledged some $$ we could persuade him to reconsider :)

Artisan suggestion: Roast librarian

JavaMD
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by JavaMD »

I'd be willing to contribute to its implementation ...
Having a Librarian and inventory database would be fantastic.

Steve

johnny4lsu

#7: Post by johnny4lsu »

I'd be honored to support this financially!