Another Phidgets Artisan Struggler

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Zveltor

#1: Post by Zveltor »

Hello Everyone,
Ive read through old threads, etc. and can't seem to get my thermocouples to show up in artisan. I have a phidgets 1048 with two thermocouples from mill city roasters that I can get to show up and show temps in the phidgets window, but they don't show up when I try to configure on artisan in "extra devices". I'm not sure what phidgets 1048_34 means but I tried that too. Am I missing something? Thanks so much.

Zveltor (original poster)

#2: Post by Zveltor (original poster) »

I may have it...dumb. There's the box in the config that says "show". Clicked it and it showed the curves. Imagine that. Lots to tinker with here. I left my existing thermocouple on the roaster hooked up to a bean temp readout and it is so sluggish compared to the new ones. The one that sits in the bean mass is 100mm long and was hitting the vanes in the drum so I bent it. I guess that's ok?? I figure the extra length helps with accuracy and responsiveness. Can I just cut a thermocouple if its the thin kind? Thanks for the help.
John

ajf

#3: Post by ajf »

I'm no Artisan expert, but what are you trying to do with "extra devices"?

To get the plot of BT and ET, all you need to do is select config->device.
In the ET/BT page, check both ET and BT under curves and select the Meter as Phidget 1048.

Under config->device there is also a Phidgets page. In the Phidgets 1048/1051 frame, I have selected both thermocouple types as K, selected Async, and set the change to 0.1C.

Extra devices are for handling items other than BT and ET.

Alan

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

Don't cut the tip off a thermocouple or you destroy it.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!