Aillio Bullet R1 roasting machine - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
[creative nickname]

#21: Post by [creative nickname] »

Asking for pre-orders at this stage is asking for an awful lot of trust. I took a look, and couldn't find photos (let alone video) of a functional prototype, just some profile curves and a whole lot of renderings of what they hope it will look like. If I were in the market, here's what I would want to see before I would consider pre-ordering:

1. Video of a working prototype, showing a full roast from start to finish;
2. Evidence that they had worked out a plan for manufacturing the roaster in quantity; and
3. An independent review of the machine by someone qualified to give one.

As I've said before, it is a very attractive design, and if they follow through on all their promises it would be a wonderful addition to the options currently on the market. But there are an awful lot of "ifs" at this point, so I think the best advice for now is wait-and-see.
LMWDP #435

Tony_Lotts

#22: Post by Tony_Lotts »

Here's a video of what looks to be an early prototype http://youtu.be/uaQkpjsSjcE

Advertisement
JojoS

#23: Post by JojoS »

Tony_Lotts wrote:Here's a video of what looks to be an early prototype http://youtu.be/uaQkpjsSjcE
Is the melange type roast a feature or a programmed option?

whattodo

#24: Post by whattodo »

Do you know why there is 3kg daily roasting limit? Is back to back roasting not allowed?

brianl

#25: Post by brianl »

I've read they do it to discourage use in commercial roasting. And won't support warranty if they determine its used commercially? Please correct if I'm wrong

Tony_Lotts

#26: Post by Tony_Lotts »

That confirms what I have read.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by yakster »

So, its NOT a sample roaster?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Advertisement
NoStream

#28: Post by NoStream »

I asked them about batch size and the possibility of integration with roasting software. Here's their response.

The bean probe is placed just above the left corner of the door. Anything under 300g will not get a proper reading from this probe,
Placing it closer to the drum would not give an accurate reading.
We don't use a thermocouple, and there will not be a direct output. The computer on the Bullet needs the info from the probes for safety.

The idea behind the interface is that you can control the roaster from the computer as well as from the roaster at the same time.
The files will be saved in XLS format so you should be able to import it into your existing software afterwards.

If someone wants to help us integrate the Bullet and make it compatible with other software out there we are of course open for this, but its not our priority at the moment.
So it should be a cool roaster if/when it materializes but is not ideal for those with total control as a goal or who need smaller batch sizes.

whattodo

#29: Post by whattodo »

Do you have any idea about its smoke handling during roasting?

madbeans

#30: Post by madbeans »

yakster wrote:So, its NOT a sample roaster?
I've read on other boards that its not a sample roaster and you can roast often with it. what many happen is the parts will have to be changed if you roast alot.