Aillio Bullet R1 roasting machine - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
phillip canuck

#11: Post by phillip canuck »

chang00 wrote:From the advertisement, the early bird special of New Taiwan Dollar NTD 49000 is approximately USD$ 1564.30. From coffee blogs, this roaster is also made in Taiwan, like several other popular coffee roasters in this forum.
WOW. Is there anyone here on HB from Taiwan that is willing to walk to their location and ask some pointed questions as to availability (at the very least)?

-phillip

SlowRain

#12: Post by SlowRain »

They're in Taipei, so one of our brethren from up there will have to do the honors.

Advertisement
Aillio

#13: Post by Aillio »

This is Jonas, from Aillio

Just wanted to address the questions that I found here. And if you have other questions, feel free to ask.
Aillio is from Denmark, I am Danish. All our products are made in Taiwan.

As of now, we have begun taking pre-orders in Taiwan. Soon we will have a world wide pre-order campaign.
The Bullet is just about to start UL / CE testing, so yes its real, and it will be on the market mid 2015 :-)

We will also be on the SCAA 2015 in Seattle, so feel free to stop by there.
If anyone is in Taiwan and would like to see it, I will be happy to schedule an appoint with you to have a look. Now we are in UK and will be back in Denmark for Christmas. If anyone here would like to see it, I will be happy to arrange something.

Have a nice day!

Jonas Lillie

SlowRain

#14: Post by SlowRain »

If you are interested in demonstrating it in Taichung, you could contact Lulu at Café Lulu. She won 5th at the Brewers Cup this year at the WBC. They import and sell green beans, so they may be interested in something like this. I don't know. Her English is pretty good, so no worries there.

http://www.worldbrewerscup.org/competitors/ (scroll down to Taiwan)

http://www.cafelulu.com.tw

Feuros

#15: Post by Feuros »

They've started taking pre-orders today for July shipments. Cost is $1500 which seems quite reasonable.
Right now they're only taking wire transfers, which I don't really trust but they're working on a Paypal option.
Anyone thinking of getting one? I'm quite intrigued, but also a little hesitant to jump on an untried product. If it works as claimed, it'll be pure awesome.

Tony_Lotts

#16: Post by Tony_Lotts »

I'm intrigued, but I will wait for trusted reviews.

heavyduty

#17: Post by heavyduty »

Just saw this article on Daily Coffee News (which has an H-B link). I don't roast (yet?), but am interested in thoughts from this forum.

http://dailycoffeenews.com/2015/02/04/a ... hopefully/
Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul

Advertisement
yakster
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by yakster »

That first paragraph strains credulity, actual user feedback will be more interesting, but it'll be something to check out at the SCAA Expo.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

stahlee

#19: Post by stahlee »

I'm very interested. I've emailed Jonah a couple of times discussing the Bullet. I want to preorder one but the wiring money is a huge turnoff.

jgbnm

#20: Post by jgbnm »

I have significant interest, but sure would like to see some in depth independent reviews of it first. Haven't been able to find any, so not ready to wire $$ to Taiwan.
The more I learn, the more I realize just how much there is to learn.