Versalab M3 grinder owners - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
CoffeeBuzz

#21: Post by CoffeeBuzz »

It would be interesting to see a satisfaction poll of actual M3 owners. There seems to be one highly vocal owner who absolutely hates his grinder, but prefers to keep using it and complaining rather than getting rid of it and moving on to another grinder. :roll: A poll would speak volumes about the opinions of the broader user base.

malachi

#22: Post by malachi »

Let it go.
What's in the cup is what matters.

another_jim
Team HB

#23: Post by another_jim »

CoffeeBuzz wrote:It would be interesting to see a satisfaction poll of actual M3 owners. There seems to be one highly vocal owner who absolutely hates his grinder, but prefers to keep using it and complaining rather than getting rid of it and moving on to another grinder. :roll: A poll would speak volumes about the opinions of the broader user base.
Um, I haven't used the grinder in the last two years except for the TGP
Jim Schulman

mvhendel

#24: Post by mvhendel »

I use mine all the time and love it! :D
Michael

mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by mgrayson »

HB wrote:Long-time members may recognize this discussion as the familiar he said/she said loop of vendor service complaints documented in the Guidelines for productive online discussion (specifically steps 1 through 5). Unless someone has a new point to offer, please, let's move on. Thanks.
I'm not sure if "move on" means close the thread or not. If the original question is "how are these things holding up?" then I can add something. Mine was ordered in Nov 2007, took 6 very frustrating months to arrive, came with a faulty bearing, but was replaced within a week. Since then, operation has been flawless. Grinds are stable, distribution is even, and I hardly ever think about a Robur. :D

Very highly recommended.

Matt

CoffeeBuzz

#26: Post by CoffeeBuzz »

It looks like my suggestion for a poll isn't getting much traction. I still think it would shed some meaningful light on an otherwise controversial topic.

HB, if you decide to do it, I suggest you open it only to M3 owners.

(Does this qualify as a 'new' point?? :) )

Dave

HB
Admin

#27: Post by HB »

CoffeeBuzz wrote:It looks like my suggestion for a poll isn't getting much traction... I suggest you open it only to M3 owners.
Sorry, experience has shown that the results of polls may be too easily manipulated when the number of participants is small and some parties have a vested interest in the outcome. Moreover, even if there were a greater public interest served by such a poll, (a) there's no means to confirm a voter is actually an owner, and (b) we would not know how representative the participants in such a poll would be of Versalab's true customer base, which further reduces its already questionable statistical validity.
malachi wrote:Let it go.
+1
Dan Kehn

Eiron

#28: Post by Eiron »

another_jim wrote:Um, I haven't used the grinder in the last two years except for the TGP
OK, I'll bite:
What is "the TGP"?
He's dead, Jim... You grab his tricorder, I'll get his wallet.

HB
Admin

#29: Post by HB »

Dan Kehn

Fullsack

#30: Post by Fullsack »

malachi wrote:Let it go.
+ 1 more
LMWDP #017
Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. T. Williams