Unknown Grinder (half HG one, half Versalab?)

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Maxwell Mooney

#1: Post by Maxwell Mooney »

Cole McBride of Visions Espresso, posted this picture on his Twitter.

He refused to give it a name, saying "for now it will be 'No Name grinder.'"

Looks like a motorized HGone to me. Any guesses?
"Coffee is evidence of Divine Grace, flavored coffee evidence of the Fall" -Kevin Hall

LMWDP #406

frank828

#2: Post by frank828 »

looks very DIY. would be awesome if someone were to put together a kit for us home tinkerers to put together ourselves and save a bunch of money.

UltramaticOrange

#3: Post by UltramaticOrange »

The t-slotted extruded aluminum is a Tell-tale sign of DIY. Yeah, motorized HG One is a safe bet.
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?

bostonbuzz

#4: Post by bostonbuzz »

I wonder how he got the HG-one guys to give him a "beehive". Super jealous. To make it look good, now he needs to versalab it and connect with a TOOTHED belt and a multi-bearing shaft. Otherwise, I'd mount it on the wall next to an ES-2 or faema. OR, IN a cabinet with the burrs hanging out the bottom!
LMWDP #353

Maxwell Mooney (original poster)

#5: Post by Maxwell Mooney (original poster) »

I realize the way I worded my first post may have implied it belongs to Cole McBride. I don't believe it does, he spoke of it in a way that seemed like he was merely using another person's grinder.

Either way, pretty cool! Not sure how he got it from the HG-one guys, if he did. Pretty jealous, regardless!
"Coffee is evidence of Divine Grace, flavored coffee evidence of the Fall" -Kevin Hall

LMWDP #406

tekomino

#6: Post by tekomino »

Its actually very likely that HG-One guys are developing motorized grinder. It would only make sense and is something I would be willing to bet on :wink:

Maxwell Mooney (original poster)

#7: Post by Maxwell Mooney (original poster) »

That's kinda what my original intuition was, Tekomino. Guess we'll just have to see! ;)

LMWDP #406

diggi

#8: Post by diggi »

tekomino wrote:Its actually very likely that HG-One guys are developing motorized grinder. It would only make sense and is something I would be willing to bet on :wink:
They'd have to have changed their tune. I remember them posting here that they weren't interested in a motorized version, indicating the hand grinding was an important ecological aspect (or something like that) of the project. Of course always nice to keep the competition guessing.....

bostonbuzz

#9: Post by bostonbuzz »

You should change the title to: "The grinder that everyone who doesn't want an HG-one wants". (hint hint hint)
LMWDP #353

Bob_McBob

#10: Post by Bob_McBob »

I suspect it is also the grinder a lot of people who pre-ordered the HG-One want. I would certainly pay more for a motorized version. I am only willing to use a hand grinder because single dosing the K10 with thorough bumping and brushing is just as time-consuming.
Chris