Stepless modification for Anfim Super Caimano

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
JHB.Barista

#1: Post by JHB.Barista »

To all anfim fans caught between two settings..............
I've heard, here and there, of a stepless modification for an Anfim Super Caimano. At last I found it, written in Danish, so you'll need Google translate. But a picture speaks a thousand words. Below is the link.

http://www.espressobar.dk/forums/showth ... o-Stepless

Pictures below are copied from the link above, credit goes to Jacobwind on that forum.

aecletec

#2: Post by aecletec »

Nice find!
Now all I need is a workshop and someone to operate it :(

JHB.Barista (original poster)

#3: Post by JHB.Barista (original poster) »

Yup, ..............this mod is a bit past the capabilities of my home workshop. I'm trying to think of an easier solution, that cuts down on the work by using some off the shelf parts. I'm thinking of visiting a model-making shop for example, as the guys who build model aeroplanes have linkages/pivots for operating the flaps on their planes, not sure if they'll be strong enough. Also I'm pretty sure that if you had a meccano set that has threaded bars/screws etc, that you could bolt up a solution pretty quickly.
........but I'll keep the thread updated on my progress

aecletec

#4: Post by aecletec »

For single dosing without the hopper, I imagine there would be less need for the fancy bend linkage in the original design.

JHB.Barista (original poster)

#5: Post by JHB.Barista (original poster) »

Correct. Only the base plate might still need to be an L-shape to ensure secure fastening to the hopper screws. Or if you only use say the back hopper screw then you could use the back edge to locate the base plate.

Chrisw

#6: Post by Chrisw »

Hey guys, I just found this post and really want to make something like this for my Anfim.

It is a great grinder but (and this is a big BUT) the steps are a big negative. If anyone has any suggestions on the parts used for this modification I would like to build up a list here so I can try and assemble one. For anyone out there with an Anfim Super Caimano it would be very helpful.

Thank you so much!

jacobwind

#7: Post by jacobwind »

Hello

This is my MOD. I have been notified that it was on HB. I have made the MOD myself. i have manufactured all the parts except the handle. It works very well. The grinder is easy to adjust and performs perfect.

I have also made a Arduino MOD for it. It counts in grams instead of time. Have a look at my YOU TUBE video. It is in danish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfmMZ1Z5Y8