SCAA 2014: Coming from Compak, some exciting developments

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
TomC
Team HB

#1: Post by TomC »

I'm going to make only a few certain chosen individual products/companies to take a separate, closer review of and discuss later after things here at SCAA wrap up. Compak is one of those.

They are moving forward with developments across their entire line and within 6 weeks, will have the most impressive of those, ready for the retail consumer. Those two or three key products are going to be of great interest to the home user of fine Titan grade motorized grinders. When I get back to my hotel tonight I'll try to get some impressive photos and information to share.

It's interesting, some MAJOR manufacturer's have rested on their laurels of last year's products without development or innovation. But luckily it was only a needle in the haystack.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC (original poster) »

The next gen of the Fresh, but better, better in every way, many ways, and even coming in about $100 cheaper. This might be my next grinder. This is only one of three innovations they're bringing out this year.

Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
BTD1986

#3: Post by BTD1986 »

better, better in every way, many ways
Any specifics?

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by uscfroadie »

Tom,

It looks like a prettier version of the K10 doserless from 2009. Would love to hear how this version is better in many ways...

Thanks for your coverage of the event and for bringing us pics and info.

Cheers!
Merle

dsc

#5: Post by dsc »

TomC wrote:This is only one of three amazing innovations they're bringing out this year.
What's innovative about the grinder from the photo above?

Regards,
dsc.

Bob_McBob

#6: Post by Bob_McBob »

This is the E10 On Demand from Compak's new "Essential" line, isn't it?

IMO the most interesting feature is the ""Parallel System" grind regulator lock", which is apparently also being added to other models like the K10 PB.
CONTINUOUS MICROMETRIC ADJUSTMENT SYSTEM PARALLEL

Set the grind point with maximum precision in a very simple and intuitive way. The new Parallel locking system provides an extra level of security ensuring parallel positioning between burrs at all times.
Chris

Terranova
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by Terranova »

Bob_McBob wrote: IMO the most interesting feature is the ""Parallel System" grind regulator lock", which is apparently also being added to other models like the K10 PB.
Absolutely agreed.
First these manufacturers should pay attention to the parallelism of their burrs, instead of cooling / heating the burrs, digital stuff (touch screen) and other bs.
It is a milestone that they stopped ignoring the importance of accuracy / parallel burrs by a proper locking mechanism.
One day the barista world might understand, that it is not burr size what matters that much like accuracy does.

Advertisement
dsc

#8: Post by dsc »

Let's wait and see how parallel the "parallel" system is.

Regards,
dsc.

redpig

#9: Post by redpig »

It also looks like the F8/F10 have augers to feed the beans (that's new...right? or is it the same partial/optional auger?). I'm curious to see if they are covering both hopper pressure and very parallel burrs. I'd definitely be interested to see where this all lands!
LMWDP #411

damonbowe

#10: Post by damonbowe »

Terranova wrote:One day the barista world might understand, that it is not burr size what matters that much like accuracy does.
Only if there is an exclusionary price tag attached... :) (<--that's a joke...okay half joking anyway!)