ROK Coffee Grinder (Indiegogo) - Page 8

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Seacoffee

#71: Post by Seacoffee »

If the quality of the final build is good, with appropriate tolerances and no torsional or flexural movement then it could be a good grinder.

ira
Team HB

#72: Post by ira replying to Seacoffee »

Which is exactly what I was trying to say, everything there seems like if they follow through and build it properly, they should end up with something between a really good entry level grinder and a really good grinder.

Ira

Advertisement
FixB (original poster)

#73: Post by FixB (original poster) »

They are now proposing ceramic burrs as an option.
I've no idea if those would be better or not.

(If anyone who backed the project following my initial post is ok for me to use his/her as 'referee' to get free ceramic burrs, please, feel free to send me your mail by mp ;))

Rappy

#74: Post by Rappy »

I am still awaiting a response to some questions which I have been told have now been passed to the designer.

I would also like to know, if anyone else is interested, I could "refer" you.

angman

#75: Post by angman »

Would love to have a referral as well. May I be third on the list for those that have purchased as well? It is very generous of ROK to offer this free additional set of burrs to those that have ordered. Please Pm if possible. Thank you

FYI, for those that have preordered if you provide an email of someone else that preordered you get both sets of burrs at no charge.

FixB (original poster)

#76: Post by FixB (original poster) »

Ok, it seems to work only if one had referred someone before he backs the project...

I changed the link in the first post: if someone who hasn't backed yet want to do do and can go there through the link, it'd get me free burrs ;)
http://igg.me/at/rok-grinder/x/9254989

(If using a referee link is against the ruled or frowned upon, please let me know, I'll change it back).

angman

#77: Post by angman »

Looks like they are continually updating/improving the specs. The Delrin gears have now been replaced with Acetal.

Advertisement
samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#78: Post by samuellaw178 replying to angman »

Hmm,they're almost the same thing actually. Acetal is the generic name; Delrin is acetal manufactured by Dupont. Delrin is acetal, but acetal may not be Delrin (it can be anything generic). Not sure what happened there, maybe they have supply issue for the unanticipated demand?

http://www.coloradoplastics.com/blog-0/ ... and-Acetal

OldNuc

#79: Post by OldNuc »

looks like using the generic name so as to not aggravate the trademark holder of Delrin.

dsc

#80: Post by dsc »

Delrin (the proper thing) is more expensive than Acetal.

Regards,
T.