Owner experience with HG one grinder - Page 8

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
strfish7

#71: Post by strfish7 »

Mine shipped last week and I should be getting it today or tomorrow.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#72: Post by FotonDrv »

Nice tip TomC, simple and inexpensive.

The mist bottle makes the RDT concept much easier and distributes the moisture over a wider area(more bean coverage)!
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Grant

#73: Post by Grant »

In another thread Monday, I posted about using a vermouth atomizer like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Martini-Vermouth- ... B004L0SMPA

Works great, looks great, and creates a super-fine mist...plus it is very small so doesn't take up much space near the machine.
Grant

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#74: Post by FotonDrv »

Thanks Grant :)
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

cannonfodder
Team HB

#75: Post by cannonfodder »

I have some nice Bacote wood parts for one of these. Need to take a photo and send the parts off to the new owner. :mrgreen:
Dave Stephens

dsc

#76: Post by dsc »

People grinding into paper cups, using atomizers and still thinking everything is perfect. I've seen everything now :lol:

Regards,
dsc.

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#77: Post by TomC (original poster) »

I've watched high end cafes using Roburs grinding into paper cups then weighing each individual dose, since the timer on Robur E is up to .2g off easily. So apparently you haven't seen it all.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

chapelizod

#78: Post by chapelizod »

cannonfodder wrote:I have some nice Bacote wood parts for one of these. Need to take a photo and send the parts off to the new owner. :mrgreen:

Please do! I am in the Philadelphia area and would be interested in seeing if/how how the wood complements the HG one.

Grant

#79: Post by Grant »

dsc wrote:People grinding into paper cups, using atomizers and still thinking everything is perfect. I've seen everything now :lol:

Regards,
dsc.
dsc, you should change your id to "ghe" --> glass half empty :wink:

With my other (hopper) grinder, I had static issues, but just had no way to resolve it. At least now I can resolve the issue pre-grind and it takes 2 seconds.

The IMPROVEMENT in the espresso has been simply night/day.
Grant

sixty9

#80: Post by sixty9 »

dsc wrote:People grinding into paper cups, using atomizers and still thinking everything is perfect. I've seen everything now :lol:

Regards,
dsc.
I don't think using an atomizer is related to the grinder, it's about the humidity. I still had terrible static w/ my other grinder.