Owner experience with HG one grinder - Page 11

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
norschtein

#101: Post by norschtein »

chapelizod wrote:For those who are having channeling issues, I'm curious as to what you've tried using to stir the grinds?
Hi Scott,
at the German HB-equivalent they are ardently blessing some picaresque piece of "Vorsprung durch Technik.":
http://www.kaffee-netz.de/ich-unbedingt ... post395425
:mrgreen: ....

strfish7

#102: Post by strfish7 »

Got mine yesterday and spent this morning getting familiar with this massive thing. Extremely impressed with build quality and materials. My first shot was too fine and choked my Cremina, but the adjustments were as easy as advertised. I'm used to the Pharos and Vario and the shots I got this morning were a noticable step up in clarity and differentiation of flavors.

chapelizod

#103: Post by chapelizod »

norschtein wrote:Hi Scott,
at the German HB-equivalent they are ardently blessing some picaresque piece of "Vorsprung durch Technik.":

At least the pictures aren't in German! :)

RapidCoffee
Team HB

#104: Post by RapidCoffee »

norschtein wrote:at the German HB-equivalent they are ardently blessing some picaresque piece of "Vorsprung durch Technik.":
It's been almost seven years since I posted the original WDT article, and I still have not found an implement that improves upon the dissecting needle. I do not understand why people are so reluctant to use them, and the astonishing lengths that they will go to, in order to avoid them. Dissecting needles are incredibly inexpensive (first link on Google search: $2.50/dozen), last pretty much forever, and are the right tool for the job.

Be nice if one was included with the grinder, along with a dosing funnel. Ditto for the OE dosing funnels.
John

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#105: Post by FotonDrv »

norschtein wrote:Hi Scott,
Photos clear and it shows the creativity of us Coffeeholics! One guys LogOn Voodoo-Priest pretty much says it all about the art of espresso :lol:
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#106: Post by FotonDrv »

strfish7 wrote:Got mine yesterday and spent this morning getting familiar with this massive thing. Extremely impressed with build quality and materials. My first shot was too fine and choked my Cremina, but the adjustments were as easy as advertised. I'm used to the Pharos and Vario and the shots I got this morning were a noticable step up in clarity and differentiation of flavors.
So how was the static in San Antonio?
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Boldjava

#107: Post by Boldjava »

It's been almost seven years since I posted the original WDT article, and I still have not found an implement that improves upon the dissecting needle. . .
Agreed. I grabbed a couple dozen stainless steel ones from a science research outfit and having been peddling them at a nominal cost to GCBC members ever since reading that thread.
-----
LMWDP #339

JonR10

#108: Post by JonR10 »

RapidCoffee wrote:It's been almost seven years since I posted the original WDT article, and I still have not found an implement that improves upon the dissecting needle.
Wow, has it really been that long? Where does the time go...?
FWIW, I agree 100%. There is no better tool for the job than a dissecting needle. I also have quite a cache of them leftover from distributions we've done in the past, so if anyone is interested or needs one then just contact me and I can hook you up. 8)

EDIT - due to large and fast response, I'm now out of needles.
Those who I have already contacted will get them but the cache is gone :)
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

norschtein

#109: Post by norschtein »

RapidCoffee wrote:It's been almost seven years since I posted the original WDT article, and I still have not found an implement that improves upon the dissecting needle. I do not understand why people are so reluctant to use them, and the astonishing lengths that they will go to, in order to avoid them.
Hi John,
just want to make clear that neither any of the German coffeeholics nor myself are denying the usefullness and efficency of WDT. All I was joking about is the rustic appearance of the specific tool linked in by my last entry. Hope you haven't got me wrong!
Axel

RapidCoffee
Team HB

#110: Post by RapidCoffee »

No offense taken, I assure you. :)
John