OE Compak Short Stack Hopper work with Nuova Simonelli MDX?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
nismo270r

#1: Post by nismo270r »

Hello all!

I would like to start off by saying how helpful and informative the HB forums have been. I've been lurking for some time and gathered tons of information from the forums when making the plunge into getting our home espresso setup well...setup :mrgreen:

It was a quick progression from a Skerton/AeroPress to a Vario/Gaggia Evolution finally ending up with a 1 Group Appia and an MDX alongside the Vario. Hoping the upgrade-itis holds off for at least a few years now!

I searched all around on this forum among others for this info and tried contacting OE directly regarding my question, but I haven't been able to find an answer. I was trying to see if someone had the outer diameter measurements of the neck on the OE Short Stack hopper, as I would like to see if it would possibly fit the collar on the MDX. Or if any K10 owners had a measurement on the inner diameter of the hopper collar that would work just as well. I'm hoping it will fit, as it seems to be perfect for single dosing and doubling as a tamper stand would be an added bonus. I measured the inner diameter of the MDX collar and it is 52.54mm. I would love to get one of these hoppers if it will fit. Otherwise, does any other MDX owners out there have any single dosing solutions?

Thanks!
Chris
LMWDP #509

jerbear00

#2: Post by jerbear00 »

Hope it helps.
Inner: 43.75mm outer: 47.1 mm

Advertisement
nismo270r (original poster)

#3: Post by nismo270r (original poster) »

Hey jerbear, thanks a ton! Definitely gives me a better idea on if I can get it to work or not. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me how tall the neck is? That's one thing I didn't take into consideration yet. If I can figure out a way to rig the OE hopper to work, I'm definitely going to give it a go!
Chris
LMWDP #509