New Compak K3 Questions

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Maxlec

#1: Post by Maxlec »

Hi guys,
Long time lurker, first post. Thanks for tons of useful information.

I received yesterday my new Compak K3 touch (advanced). And there is seem to be few things I want to make sure before firing up this baby.

From the photos down there, I feel like compare to what I have seen over the internet, there is a bigger gap between the grind regulator and the body of the machine. On the second picture, I can see a screw inside and since I can see the thread, I was wondering if its normal or it need to be screwed all the way down.
Final question is regarding some kind of loose in the grind regulator. Not sure if its normal or not. I upload a video to show it to you guys.

Any K3 user out there that can chime in to see if its all good and I can start grind some coffee.

Thanks in advance

P.S.: Sorry if some sentences may sounds weird, english is not my mother tongue.

wkmok1

#2: Post by wkmok1 »

Max,

The screw in your second picture is normal. It is intended to stop you from rotating the top collar too fine and cause the burrs to crash against each other. I think there is a screw under the shiny tab on the collar that bumps against it. However, it is hard to place the screw perfectly to allow for a fine enough ground and prevent burr crash. Thus, the utility of the screw is questionable.

If you can measure your gap, I can compare against mine.

One mod I made is to unscrew the collar completely and then remove the silicon rubber flap at the egress chute. The grind is much fluffier and there is zero retention if I use a small brush to sweep out the chute (from the outside).
Winston

Advertisement
optopusi_dama

#3: Post by optopusi_dama »

Hi,
I have the same problem as yor,but i think that your grind is very large for espresso...
someone to help us?

thank you

sorry for my english

nickw

#4: Post by nickw »

Hi Max,

That screw in your picture is a limiting screw to stop you from opening it up to far. It's normal.

In regards to your video, that's a normal range of motion on it. Once your grinding some coffee it will load down and stay to the side.

Cheers!

Maxlec (original poster)

#5: Post by Maxlec (original poster) »

Thanks for your answers guys, I'll start grinding some beans tomorrow!

:D

bluesman

#6: Post by bluesman »

Maxlec wrote:Final question is regarding some kind of loose in the grind regulator. Not sure if its normal or not
The adjustment collar has a bit of play, but the burr mounts do not. I just hold the collar at the clockwise end of the minimal free play when setting to a mark. You can use either end, just be consistent. Enjoy it - I love mine!

David