New Baratza Grinder - Forte - Page 9

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
roastaroma

#81: Post by roastaroma »

I thought I'd give this a bump. Does anyone have the Forte AP? Now that online vendors have it in stock (about $900), it's got my attention. (I feel like the only HB'er who hasn't upgraded his grinder yet!)
"Non è la macchina, è la mano."
LMWDP #223

sonnyhad

#82: Post by sonnyhad »

Nope your not the only one! I'm lookin too! Trying to wait it out and see if the Lido2 puts a breeze across my bald head!
LMWDP 437

Advertisement
turtle

#83: Post by turtle »

[creative nickname] wrote:I'd be curious to hear from anyone who has used the Forte BG side-by-side with a Preciso. For those of you who have tasted the same coffee brewed on both grinders, have you find that the Forte delivers a noticeable improvement in taste? I'm quite happy with my Preciso/Esatto as my primary brew grinder, but I could imagine trading up if the improvement was noticeable.
I use both side by side (Forte-BG and Preciso/Esatto).

I find that the grind consistency of the Forte brew grinder is more uniform but I DO NOT taste any difference when making filtered pour over. I find more difference in the taste between the various pour over methods of the 4 drippers I use (Hario, Kalita, Bee House, Chemex) than the two grinders.

Mick - Drinking in life one cup at a time
I'd rather be roasting coffee

[creative nickname]

#84: Post by [creative nickname] »

That is helpful --- thanks!
LMWDP #435

javacrazed

#85: Post by javacrazed »

I have the forte AP, works great better than my pervious Compak k3 when it comes to consistency. Compak hopper is better IMHO. Let me know if you have any questions.

jammin

#86: Post by jammin »

are the original ditting burrs for the vario the same as the metal burrs in the forte?

Not2Bitter

#87: Post by Not2Bitter »

roastaroma wrote:I thought I'd give this a bump. Does anyone have the Forte AP? Now that online vendors have it in stock (about $900), it's got my attention. (I feel like the only HB'er who hasn't upgraded his grinder yet!)

I think if you called in to a vendor for that price you could get a new compak E6 on demand(chris coffee and other vendors carry it), and I would rather have a compak anyday.

Advertisement
weebit_nutty

#88: Post by weebit_nutty »

The Forte, with the bean valve hopper performs best with a full hopper.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

tkn

#89: Post by tkn »

Not2Bitter wrote:I think if you called in to a vendor for that price you could get a new compak E6 on demand(chris coffee and other vendors carry it), and I would rather have a compak anyday.
The reason we are looking at a Forte AP is to get a wide range of grinds since sometimes I vary between french press, syphon, Aeropress, pour over and espresso. So I don't think a Compak is an adequate substitute in those instances.

weebit_nutty

#90: Post by weebit_nutty »

Swap out the ceramic burr with the steel one.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?