Monolith pre-orders now open again

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
gr2020

#1: Post by gr2020 »

No affiliation, other than just having placed an order...but pre-orders are now open again for the Monoliths! I know a lot of folks have been thinking about ordering one or both...

idrinkjetfuel

#2: Post by idrinkjetfuel »

At present, 30 conicals and 26 flats available. Let's take bets on which will sell out first!
Either way, they will both move fast...

Advertisement
gr2020 (original poster)

#3: Post by gr2020 (original poster) »

45 minutes later, down to 28 and 23. Going fast!

Compass Coffee

#4: Post by Compass Coffee »

idrinkjetfuel wrote:At present, 30 conicals and 26 flats available. Let's take bets on which will sell out first!
Either way, they will both move fast...
Now at 26 and 21. I'll put a C-note on Flats selling out first!
Mike McGinness

chrisbodnarphoto

#5: Post by chrisbodnarphoto »

I'm so very tempted, but the wife would murder me if I didn't sell the EG-1 first (which is on its way!).

boost

#6: Post by boost »

Hmmm very tempting. Does anyone know how much the conicals and flats weigh? Couldn't find the info on the site.

YseanY

#7: Post by YseanY »

Compass Coffee wrote:Now at 26 and 21. I'll put a C-note on Flats selling out first!
I think the flat will sell out first as well. The flat seems to be getting more attention, hopefully I don't regret going with conical.

Advertisement
Compass Coffee

#8: Post by Compass Coffee »

boost wrote:Hmmm very tempting. Does anyone know how much the conicals and flats weigh? Couldn't find the info on the site.
Interesting if strange question. According to our digital bathroom scale conical 22.8lb flat 17.6lb.
Mike McGinness

dvngo2001

#9: Post by dvngo2001 »

Something is wrong with the Kafatek ordering webpage. So I ordered the Monolith Conical grinder, put in my payment information and clicked Submit, the order didn't go through so I didn't get the order number. Checked with my bank and there're two transactions $500 and $1 posted on my checking account. Is it just me or if anyone else's seeing same issue. I've emailed Dennis btw.

Thanks,
-Dung

UFGators

#10: Post by UFGators »

YseanY wrote:I think the flat will sell out first as well. The flat seems to be getting more attention, hopefully I don't regret going with conical.
That's why you need both! I used my conical this morning for a shot of lionshare by Caffe Lusso. Both are outstanding grinders. I would say the conical may be a better do it all well type of grinder if you could only have one. It's hard to say, depends on what types of coffee you are into. It really depends on my mood which one I use! I usually have one set up for my straight shots and the other one for my wife's cap.