Mazzer Super Jolly replacement bearings

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
dingrr

#1: Post by dingrr »

I am looking to source some replacement bearings locally. As I would like to reduce the downtime, I'd rather have them on hand before I disassemble the grinder. This precludes me from seeing what exactly is in there. Can anyone verify the bearing size in the Mazzer Super Jolly. After spending a lot of time reading through old posts, I can only come up with a MAZ 49 part number. Possibly 6202-2Z = 15mm x 35 mm x11 mm?

Thanks, Dan

edited to correct numerical typo - trying to do too many things at once!

OldNuc

#2: Post by OldNuc »

The 6202 is a 15mm X 35mm X 11mm bearing for a 15mm diameter shaft. Double sealed or double shielded will work and double sealed is preferred. The number you posted does not compute.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-ball- ... gs/=thd8m9

Any local bearing store will have the common sizes on the shelf.

cygnusx1

#3: Post by cygnusx1 »

OldNuc wrote:The 6202 is a 15mm X 35mm X 11mm bearing for a 15mm diameter shaft. Double sealed or double shielded will work and double sealed is preferred.
Any local bearing store will have the common sizes on the shelf.
+1

I'm in the business and OldNuc is correct. This is a very common size. In your area I would try BDI. I actually used to work for Industrial Bearing who was bought out by BDI.

dingrr (original poster)

#4: Post by dingrr (original poster) »

So I guess the question becomes, is the shaft not the Super Jolly 15 mm? Or would the 6202 fit?

OldNuc

#5: Post by OldNuc »

That is why you get to take it apart and get a bearing number. You really do not know what fits until you look.

erik996

#6: Post by erik996 »

OldNuc wrote: The number you posted does not compute.
That's the part number from espressoparts: http://www.espressoparts.com/MAZ_49?&search_id=2487973

OldNuc

#7: Post by OldNuc »

There was a typo in the bearing diameter in his unedited post. The diameter was less than the shaft diameter and that does not compute.

dingrr (original poster)

#8: Post by dingrr (original poster) »

Yes, it is a common size and the local bearing shop had it in stock. Back up and running silky smooth!
6202-2Z