Mazzer Major

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Marcelnl

#1: Post by Marcelnl »

I just upgraded to a Mazzer Major (the proverbial offer you can't resist) and must say that I'm wowed by the difference in the cup when compared to my previous grinder, a super jolly.

Much deeper chocolaty flavours, richer body and much smoother and sweeter results...probably just the taste profile I was after from the beginning :D my current bodged roast batches (don't ask, several issues encountered in three back to back roasts) tastes just fine at two days post roast already.
LMWDP #483

trumz

#2: Post by trumz »

Dosered or doserless? I'm enjoying mine too. I single dose half the time or use a mini hopper. In find grind quality slightly better while using the hopper.

I've tired the home made doserless funnel mod, but having a hard time with clumps and static! I'm trying to find/make a proper anti static screen... Anyone know where to get one for the Major?

Marcelnl (original poster)

#3: Post by Marcelnl (original poster) »

Dosered for now, and I think I understand the static issue...lots of grounds clinging inside the dose. I am using a doser lid with a piece of thick plastic film flap in front of the chute so the grounds fall down rather than being sprayed into the doser, that helps a bit but I may have to tackle static at some point.
LMWDP #483

Beaniac

#4: Post by Beaniac »

Marcel did you byy that Black major that was offered on Marktplaats? That was a steal at around €200!

Marcelnl (original poster)

#5: Post by Marcelnl (original poster) »

:mrgreen: I did, slightly more but still a steal in my book...turned out I knew the guy, he used to work as a Barista at my work.
LMWDP #483