Mazzer doser counter

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
BartG

#1: Post by BartG »

Hi,

I'm doing a restoration of a mazzer super jolly automatic.
I've disassembled the doser for cleaning and to remove the automatic functions. Everything went fine except for the counter which counts the rotations of the doser vanes. I've removed it, but might have broken it partially because it was attached to a pin which isn't removable.

Some pictures:

(the pin with the underside of the counter still in place)

(the counter)

(another view of the counter)

I've put it back already and it still keeps counting when I manipulate it by hand, but I can't figure out how to hook it up so it'll be activated by the doser lever.

(Where to put the hook of the counter?)

BTD1986

#2: Post by BTD1986 »

This is what mine looks like.

BartG (original poster)

#3: Post by BartG (original poster) »

Thanks for the input.
I've got a similar picture I took from my model before I demounted the counter:

But when I place it back in that position it gets pushed away by the lever and doesn't return to its start position because I don't now how to connect it correctly.

I'm wondering if I broke it by pulling it off: could anyone confirm to me if the counter screen stays in place when the vanes/lever move? If so the outer case of the counter remains fixed and there is some sort of inner cylinder which turns when the lever is moved.

Now to make it count, my counter is also displaced (if this makes any sense)...

jeebsy

#4: Post by jeebsy »

Same thing happened to me when I took my Royal doser apart - couldn't get the shot counter sitting properly. Ended up just throwing it away.

BartG (original poster)

#5: Post by BartG (original poster) »

Mmm, too bad.

But I've also accepted that the counter is lost. I've replaced it with a sheet of pliable aluminium, like this: