Manual grinder bug - Pharos or HG One? - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#41: Post by mgrayson »

This is consistent with the 4 seconds or so that a 500 rpm big conical grinder takes, which gives 33 1/3 revolutions.

--Matt

weebit_nutty

#42: Post by weebit_nutty »

I recall HG One stating this fact--burrs and crank wheel are 1:1.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#43: Post by FotonDrv »

I just went and marked the burr and turned the crank. 1:1 is whats happening. Now to measure the inch pounds or foot pounds of effort to turn the crank. Breaking out the torque wrench soon :)
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by mgrayson »

Does anyone use their HG One without the crank arm? I assume that the handle attaches where the crank arm is bolted near the rim of the flywheel. Harder to turn, but higher speed...

billt

#45: Post by billt »

I removed the lever on mine this afternoon. Doesn't seem to need much more effort to me, but I've only done two grinds without the lever and not with very lightly roasted beans.

Yes, the handle does go where the outer lever bolt was.

http://hg-one.com/the-hg-one-grinder/ca ... dle-lever/

Not sure about those instructions. The centre bolt is longer than the outer bolt. When the lever is removed it wouldn't screw in far enough to fix the flywheel adequately, so I replaced it with the shorter outer bolt.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#46: Post by FotonDrv »

I have not tried it since it has been broken in, and since I am a puny geek type (read old and disabled with shrapnel in the right shoulder) maybe I might end up putting it back in place :)

wrz0170

#47: Post by wrz0170 »

I use mine as intended. My right shoulder is bum due to dislocations and surgery and it's not even a strain. Oddly enough, I find it enjoyable.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#48: Post by FotonDrv replying to wrz0170 »

Therapy...

wrz0170

#49: Post by wrz0170 replying to FotonDrv »

Indeed! :D

pumpkinscastle (original poster)

#50: Post by pumpkinscastle (original poster) »

wrz0170 wrote:I use mine as intended. My right shoulder is bum due to dislocations and surgery and it's not even a strain. Oddly enough, I find it enjoyable.
Off topic, I noticed your new profile pic. Are you a fan of Nosferatu and Max Schreck? It's one of my favorite films of all time. The cinematic counterpart to the HG1, so to speak.