Mahlkonig K30 Vario Dosing for Dummies - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by uscfroadie »

Is that the old model with the rubber flapper in the chute? If so, you might want to consider removing it to see if it improves.
Merle

Mark08859

#32: Post by Mark08859 »

It does have the flapper (silicon, I think - by how it feels) where the grounds exit the grinding chamber into the chute. Removing it doesn't really make too much of a difference except primarily in clumpiness. Although, since I do WDT and nutaion, I may remove it again the next time I open it up.

Flipper

#33: Post by Flipper »

uscfroadie wrote:Is that the old model with the rubber flapper in the chute? If so, you might want to consider removing it to see if it improves.
It is the current model with the silicone flapper btw! The silicone flapper is state of the art since a long time! There was a very short period with thin metal flappers but this was abolished again very quickly...

tcm3

#34: Post by tcm3 »

I have to say, you guys are scaring me. I dose sort of like Merle, by adding the days allotment of beans in the morning, except only 2-3 doubles/day, with my modified Mini. I was set to order the K30, but I was expecting results like Merle sees (+/- 0.2 g), not the wide range that some have posted. I'm not sure what to think at this point.

contraflow88
Supporter ♡

#35: Post by contraflow88 »

tcm3: Don't let those variations scare you. with any grinder you will experience some type of variation. Also as Merle mentioned his quota of beans that he loads into the hopper provides him sufficient accuracy in dose. Provided that anyone has reached a good break in. These burrs are not your average milled burrs, they are rated between 500 - 800kgs. thus it will take some time to get repetitive results as one would see in a commercial environment.