Mahlkonig EK43 limited smaller edition

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Gaius

#1: Post by Gaius »

Hi guys,

i am happy with my major, but since in in this hobby now i guess ill never stop exploring the new alternatives and by any means more expensive (bad luck) :)

So, i have come across the limited version of mahlkonig with much smaller casing, they say its only limed to 222 pieces and its basically EK43 with chopped legs. Cannot find any store stocking it nor the price.

Anybody got something on it?

Terranova
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by Terranova »

Gaius wrote: Cannot find any store stocking it nor the price.
Anybody got something on it?
This one has 4 or so available.

http://www.caffe-limes.de/Mahlkoenig-Mu ... 8ff1af317f

Advertisement
Flipper

#3: Post by Flipper »

I doubt that you will be able to get one of these on regular ways...222 worldwide is a really small number. We experience a very huge demand on it :!:

Lord Fluff

#4: Post by Lord Fluff »

Site says delivery in is 8-14 weeks....

Flipper

#5: Post by Flipper replying to Lord Fluff »

Just give it a try then I reckon ...

Possepat

#6: Post by Possepat »

Awesome! Wonder if it would be under 17" in total height
"Do what you want, you're gonna do it anyways!" - My father

LMWDP #365

Compass Coffee

#7: Post by Compass Coffee replying to Possepat »

Highly doubt it unless much much smaller hopper. Standard hopper 12".
Mike McGinness

Advertisement
Possepat

#8: Post by Possepat »

I would love to rotate the grinder end 180 degress and then mount the feet of this shorter stand to the underside of my cupboard. I could have an EK43 that could be used for single dosing (obviously I would ditch the hopper) which doesn't take up any counter space and doesn't keep me from opening my cupboard doors.
"Do what you want, you're gonna do it anyways!" - My father

LMWDP #365

CrabRangoon

#9: Post by CrabRangoon replying to Possepat »

I imagine that if you did take it apart & reassemble it with the stand backwards, the grinder would no longer be properly stable and would likely be easy to tip over / fall forward. Does it not sound risky?

Anyhow, I recall seeing a short clip (Instagram? Vine?) and photo of someone who had modified the EK43 to be akin to this one with a shorty base & minimized hopper - I was in love. Seeing that one is actually to be produced & offered this way from the manufacturer w/it's standard warranty is quite attractive. I've inquired with Mahlkoenig USA as to whether we can expect this grinder to be sold or offered via pre-order in the North American market. I sure hope so, it may be enough for me to finally take the plunge!
LMWDP #505

Séb

#10: Post by Séb »

CrabRangoon wrote:I've inquired with Mahlkoenig USA as to whether we can expect this grinder to be sold or offered via pre-order in the North American market. I sure hope so, it may be enough for me to finally take the plunge!
I already asked them and here is what was the answer: "...we will not be selling these sorry. I like them too, only 240V".

But if there is a lot of interest, you never know! I really like this model also and it could probably fit in my tiny space dedicated to my grinder!