Mahlkonig EK43 Barista

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Terranova
Supporter ❤

#1: Post by Terranova »

CrabRangoon wrote:If you refer to the photo you included, wasn't it just one of those limited EK43's with the Five Elephants Volumetric Dosing attachment?
No, I was referring to their new model EK43 Barista with volumetric dosing integrated and adjustable grind speed which will be introduced on Friday at Milan's Host.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=933886626666975

...split from Mahlkonig EK43 limited smaller edition by moderator...

Séb

#2: Post by Séb »

Wow, can't wait to have more infos about this EK43 Barista! Really nice grinder.

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

I like the look of the EK43 Barista, wonder when it will be released? It is much more user friendly in layout.

[nevermind, just saw that Terranova says it is going to be announced this Friday!]

Makes me glad I for once in my life had some patience and did not yet by a standard EK43. Wonder if the release of this new model along with the Peak will put some of those standard EK43's out on the secondhand market?
LMWDP #371

arcus
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by arcus »

The EK43 Barista is far from pretty but I think it's a big improvement. Looking forward to seeing the released version.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by FotonDrv replying to arcus »

+1!
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Nonineto

#6: Post by Nonineto replying to FotonDrv »

+2..

dqbrew

#7: Post by dqbrew »

I am looking forward to finding out more about the adjustable speed and what benefits it provides (I am assuming it is there for a reason). Also nice to see the adaptation away from pounds at a time and more towards smaller volumes and single dosing. This has the nice benefit of an easier(not easy) sell for use in the home.

jcw5002

#8: Post by jcw5002 »

I'm really excited about this. I've been very interested in the EK, but the height is problematic for my kitchen setup right now. A smaller one would be hard to resist. (It does appear smaller, right?)

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

LMWDP #371

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by FotonDrv »

That appears to be back to back with a full sized EK, is that correct? A few inches difference.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train