Looking for Voodoodaddy Pharos Mod Instructions

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
JimDMcEachern

#1: Post by JimDMcEachern »

Hello I would like to mod a Pharos grinder and have a list of parts from Voodoo Daddy but it seems he has lost the instruction pictures. Did anyone keep the PDF? Thanks Jim

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by FotonDrv »

Is he making the kits for the NEW STYLE Pharos?
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Advertisement
baldheadracing
Team HB

#3: Post by baldheadracing »

As an aside, a few things I learned when I installed a gently-used VDD catch-cup mod:
- the new style bolt covers (on the old-style Pharos) have just a little larger outside diameter, so using the VDD O-rings gives too tight a fit.
- as long as the grinder is always used as a table-top grinder, the O-rings are more-or-less irrelevant.
- also, as long as the grinder is always used as a table-top grinder, cutting the original axle shaft is not necessary.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

dino

#4: Post by dino »

I have the original email from Will - voodoodaddy - but all the pics won't show up :oops: it has an explanation of what to do.

hankua
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by hankua »

FotonDrv wrote:Is he making the kits for the NEW STYLE Pharos?
I got in touch with him a few months ago, and my impression is he's not offering kits any more. That's merely speculation as the question was not asked directly. Otherwise he's doing OK and checks in occasionally.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by FotonDrv replying to hankua »

Thank you!
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

salvia

#7: Post by salvia »

I contacted Will last month. He sent me a price list for all the VooDooDaddy parts. He has the full kits available. He also offered to install the kit for a reasonable fee. Now I just need a Pharos to install the kit on :). Unfortunately they won't work with the Pharos 2:
Will wrote:Yeah, Unfortunately the mods are only compatible with Pharos 1. They went metric on everything on the Pharos 2 so nothing fits anymore.

Advertisement
JimDMcEachern (original poster)

#8: Post by JimDMcEachern (original poster) »

dino wrote:I have the original email from Will - voodoodaddy - but all the pics won't show up :oops: it has an explanation of what to do.
I would relay appreciate a copy of that Email. Im at mceachernphoto(at)gmail.com many thanks,
Jim

hankua
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by hankua »

salvia wrote:I contacted Will last month. He sent me a price list for all the VooDooDaddy parts. He has the full kits available. He also offered to install the kit for a reasonable fee. Now I just need a Pharos to install the kit on :). Unfortunately they won't work with the Pharos 2:
That's good news, you should be able to snag a Pharos 1, just takes a bit if time and perseverance.

TobiasM

#10: Post by TobiasM »

I'm also searching for the instructions, maybe someone can PM me, this would be very kind.

Nice weekend to everyone