LIDO 3 Pictures from SCAJ show in Japan - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
beer&mathematics

#41: Post by beer&mathematics »

Dang I want one :(
LMWDP #431

Possepat

#42: Post by Possepat »

Drgary,

Thanks for that info. If weight is really the only improvement, I think I will purchase the lido 2 to travel with my already hefty Espro press. Weight isn't a huge issue for me as I only fly every 2-3 yrs and I can't see me taking it on one of those trips. Mostly it's just bag into the trunk and off to the inlaws for the weekend.

I will however be following the development of the 3rd Lido.

Cheers
"Do what you want, you're gonna do it anyways!" - My father

LMWDP #365

SlowRain

#43: Post by SlowRain »

I suggest a name change. Apple has people in the habit of buying the next sequential number when it becomes available, so I foresee questions and confusion. Why not a name with a clear meaning like "Lido Travel"? (Just not "PortaLido", please.)

[creative nickname]

#44: Post by [creative nickname] »

For what it's worth, I have taken my Lido2 on multiple flights, and I don't find it a pain at all. In the middle of a suitcase full of clothes you won't even notice the weight. You can also cut down both the size and weight a bit by picking up a small plastic catch-cup to replace the glass jar.
LMWDP #435

Bak Ta Lo (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#45: Post by Bak Ta Lo (original poster) »

drgary wrote:Janet and I enjoyed a visit with Barb and Doug. It was a lot of fun meeting face-to-face after these years.
This was a picture worthy moment Gary! :) Happy to hear your feedback on the folding handle locking mechanism, I was wondering if that felt substantial.

Another good point I think about an all plastic body is less scrutiny at the airport. When I fly with the Lido1 or Rosco in my backpack I get pulled aside every time and have to give a 5 minute story about what it is.
LMWDP #371

Supporter ♡

#46: Post by Bak Ta Lo (original poster) »

TheJavaCup77 wrote:
And to the OP, How did you get this info...?
I have a vast network of spies spread across Asia, always on the lookout for Doug and Barb, to see if OE is trying to slip a new product out in the market without telling us! 8)
LMWDP #371

[creative nickname]

#47: Post by [creative nickname] »

Bak Ta Lo wrote:Another good point I think about an all plastic body is less scrutiny at the airport. When I fly with the Lido1 or Rosco in my backpack I get pulled aside every time and have to give a 5 minute story about what it is.
This happens to me every time I fly. The combination of the grinder, the scale, the beans in mason jars and the thermometer seems to make them think I am some sort of drug courier. My wife just sighs, rolls her eyes, and acts as if she doesn't know me. :D
LMWDP #435

drgary
Team HB

#48: Post by drgary »

Bak Ta Lo wrote:Another good point I think about an all plastic body is less scrutiny at the airport. When I fly with the Lido1 or Rosco in my backpack I get pulled aside every time and have to give a 5 minute story about what it is.
I traveled recently with the LIDO 1 in my carry on. It didn't phase airport security at all. I guess there are more and more of us out there carrying these hand grinders. Awhile back they didn't blink when I was packing a Pharos, which is a lot more grinder. OTOH they probably know this about Jeremy, which is a very good reason for increased scrutiny...
Bak Ta Lo wrote:I have a vast network of spies spread across Asia, always on the lookout for Doug and Barb, to see if OE is trying to slip a new product out in the market without telling us! 8)
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Supporter ♡

#49: Post by Bak Ta Lo (original poster) »

Haa! I keep forgetting the most important thing about having a vast network of spies working for you is to not post about it on a public internet forum. :oops:
LMWDP #371

peacecup

#50: Post by peacecup »

...I am some sort of drug courier
Caffeine...remember? It's surprisingly easy to lose sight of this aspect of espresso... :D

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."