LIDO 2 Mods

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by FotonDrv »

hankua wrote:Yup; I lubed the knob with Nevastane NSF, locked it in a vice, and tried to run in the shaft with a drill motor. No luck it's still stiff as heck. Why make excuses for an obvious defect; in some of the early production models?

More than likely a fix is in the works from the factory or a clever aftermarket hobbyist. Then we can buy the upgraded knob with a reverse threaded shaft.
I did this today. It is easily removed with a phillips head screwdriver to invert for compact travel. It obviously spins freely and it fits into the palm perfectly. They make it in black and that was the box I thought I checked when I ordered it; maybe calling in an order would insure you get what you want.
I am turning the crank without holding the body of the grinder, so it turns freely.

Discussion split from LIDO 2 Owners Experience Thread by moderator
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

beer&mathematics

#2: Post by beer&mathematics »

Stephan, that is baller!

Can you take a photo of the Lido2+your new handle for all of us to enjoy?
LMWDP #431

FotonDrv (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) replying to beer&mathematics »

Will these work? I added some other grinders to show scale since I have also put a smaller jar on the bottom to allow it to fit into my Pelican soft carry case.

beer&mathematics

#4: Post by beer&mathematics »

FotonDrv wrote:Will these work? I added some other grinders to show scale since I have also put a smaller jar on the bottom to allow it to fit into my Pelican soft carry case.
Looks killer. Now that I've seen that handle you chose on the grinder, I'm liking it more and more. I might have to buy one, it looks so cool! It also reminds me of downtown Knoxville which I visited in March.
LMWDP #431

Supporter ♡

#5: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) »

The black one looks even better IMHO :-)

I was driving through Knoxville and Nashville on a Trip to Roanoke VA and Asheville NC in April and May. Dodging storms all the way, and we did not have time to find good espresso along the way, so I took the Lido 2 and a Bodum French Press which proved very handy. If I had the new knob on it the grind would have been more pleasurable.

I purchased the knob through Jigging World.

jbviau
Supporter ★

#6: Post by jbviau »

"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Supporter ♡

#7: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) replying to jbviau »

Yep, on a very expensive handgrinder. There are less expensive knobs but if you take that thought far enough you get the original knob :shock:

Supporter ♡

#8: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) »

Thanks HB for breaking up the Thread and starting this one :D

Supporter ♡

#9: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) »

beer&mathematics wrote:Looks killer. Now that I've seen that handle you chose on the grinder, I'm liking it more and more. I might have to buy one, it looks so cool! It also reminds me of downtown Knoxville which I visited in March.
Jorge, whats inside that big ball in Knoxville? Coffee shop?? :D

hankua
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by hankua »

Nice!

These look to be the same thing. Will aka voodoodaddy came up with some Lido1 knob mods; maybe he can source a replacement for the "2"?

http://www.reelpowerhandles.com/Replace ... B0050V4ZZK

Lido 1 knob mods: Chrome knob is from Will, Blue and white covers are common lab stoppers.