LIDO 2 in carry on bag? - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Bob_M

#11: Post by Bob_M »

I took my Hausgrind to Nicaragua last Jan. Went through security to and from with no problems.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#12: Post by baldheadracing »

Chuckster wrote:TSA Pre for me today as well. No issues!
TSA Pre? WtF ... another program to sign up for ??? :shock:

Thankfully, not. Humour, courtesy http://www.dhs.gov/comparison-chart of the various trusted traveller programs:
- NEXUS includes the TSA Pre and Global Entry (if you have a passport) and is $50/5 years.
- TSA Pre doesn't include NEXUS or Global Entry and is $85/five years.
- Global Entry (needs a passport) includes TSA Pre but doesn't include NEXUS and is $100/five years.

(Canadians can only get TSA Pre via NEXUS or Global Entry.)

I just came back from the States and had no issues with the grinder/coffee kit in carryon (I suffered and took my Zassenhaus instead of the Lido2), but I pre-emptively explained/showed/demonstrated my no-knife multi-tool (Leatherman Style PS) at every security point. (I wasn't using TSA Pre airports.) Using my Espro Travel Press while waiting for flights aroused quite a bit of interest from my fellow passengers. (I brought a Bonavita travel kettle.)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

UltramaticOrange

#13: Post by UltramaticOrange »

They pulled me aside to test it for chemicals. Extra 5-10min tops.
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?

forbeskm

#14: Post by forbeskm »

The TSA pre skips the body scanners usually and you get the metal detectors. And the TSA crews on the x-ray machines and such seem friendlier as their lines aren't overwhelmed. I took the lido 2 back for 3 trips back and forth with only second looks on the scanner. I told one they should expect to see the grinder. Denver has some of the worst lines since there are only 3 entry points. Pre/and or Clear can make or break you some days on catching a flight if you are late.