Kalita Nice Cut Mill - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by FotonDrv »

gbduarte wrote:Hey guys!
Look at this grinder in a Japanese store. Looks like they use it for their brewing.

<image>

It's similar to the Kalita.. Any thoughts?
With the 2 Mahlkoenig K-30's sitting next to something that appears to be a LaMarzocco, or something similar, it is a safe bet they use the Kalita for Brew.

Talking to the head barista would possibly get you to what burrs are in it.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

chris_n

#32: Post by chris_n »

it's safe to assume that most japanese hand brew cafes use the ghost burrsets. i have seen some use the 'ninja star' burr set though. those are quite interesting.

that machine in the back is a slayer.

SlowRain

#33: Post by SlowRain »

gbduarte wrote:Hey guys!
Look at this grinder in a Japanese store. Looks like they use it for their brewing.

<image>

It's similar to the Kalita.. Any thoughts?
Yes, the Japanese Fuji Royal and the seemingly similar Taiwanease grinders get used in small shops as in-house brewing grinders.

ripvanmd

#34: Post by ripvanmd »

Really interested in the feima 610n with ghost burrs. If I have a friend going to Japan and mainland China soon, what would be the easiest way to have them pick on up for me?

SlowRain

#35: Post by SlowRain »

The Feima 610N is easy to buy in Taiwan, but I don't even know where to begin in China. You'd probably have to buy a Chinese brand there. I'm not even sure Japan would import coffee equipment from Taiwan, but I may be wrong.

kenniechan

#36: Post by kenniechan »

ripvanmd wrote:Really interested in the feima 610n with ghost burrs. If I have a friend going to Japan and mainland China soon, what would be the easiest way to have them pick on up for me?
I petty sure you will not able to buy any feima product in Japan. The 610n model is not yet shipped to China for retail I think. You can buy it in Taiwan or Hong Kong.

ripvanmd

#37: Post by ripvanmd »

So I would purchase Fuji's from Japan and Feima's from Hong Kong/Taiwan. Gotcha. Any recommendations on reliable vendors? Also, are these things 120V or 220V. I suppose that's an important question.

leon

#38: Post by leon »

Anything from Hong Kong will be 220v. I'm not sure about Taiwan.

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#39: Post by orphanespresso »

Taiwan is 110 v. If you are serious about the ghost burrs you almost have to take the front cover off with a screwdriver and check...I have never seen the ghost burrs in one of these grinders and yes, they are in almost every cafe in Taiwan, that and the big one as well.

ripvanmd

#40: Post by ripvanmd »

Is the uncertainty of the burrs a function of the resellers I guess? Any traction with ordering direct from factory? I'm mostly just fascinated with how different these burrsets are.